Chapter 42

Snow went out of her way in her pastel orange sweatshirt with an orange sunflower print and black and white gingham pajama pants with her hair slightly a mess as she sat next to the driver's seat with Malloy behind the wheel in his car

Snow went out of her way in her pastel orange sweatshirt with an orange sunflower print and black and white gingham pajama pants with her hair slightly a mess as she sat next to the driver's seat with Malloy behind the wheel in his car. It was 7:24 p.m., and it's late, but the time was trivial. She had the intention of just doing it now and hoped it works out for the best.

Honestly, the way things were unsettled between her and Casey was bothering her. Needless to say, she couldn't just leave silence stretching out more between them.

After three days of dreaming and walking on clouds about how sweet and lovely her first date was, the effect wore off, and she recollected her thoughts about Casey. She told Kyle and Malloy all about how the date went, but not Casey. She wanted to give him the necessary space and thought it would be too much for him to bear.

Just one day to cool her thoughts and look back on everything they did, she knew she needed him in her life. They had been through so much, and she didn't like to let go of whatever the connection they had.

"So I still don't understand why I need to drive you to Casey's house. You said it's something important but won't cue me in on the details," Malloy said.

"It's a private matter between me and him. I'll tell you eventually." Snow couldn't tell him that things got awkward between them. He would have many questions, and she would have to answer him. It was better that Casey and Snow reconcile first and come up with an explanation later.

He looked at her with a suspicious sideways glance. She showed him an awkward smile with her teeth displayed, but she knew better that it didn't work on him. Still, what else could she do? He would have to trust her on this.

Malloy sighed. "Fine, leave me clueless for days."

She looked at him gratefully. "You're awesome."

"Yeah, yeah."

Once they reached the front of his house, Snow unbuckled her seatbelt, seeing the house was directly in front of her. It was a small house painted in a bland gray, and it matched the roof that was also gray but two shades darker. A white garage, a black door, two large windows appeared nearby, and the front lawn was just all grass. She could spot what you could hardly call a bush in a gangly appearance lining against the wall. There was nothing special about this house.

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" Malloy asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It's just Casey."

He unlocked the door for her with the sound automatically shifting the door lock. "Okay. If you need anything, just text or call me."

"Thank you, I will," Snow said, opening the door and hopping out of the car. After several seconds, she saw him driving off, and she knew she had to face the music just up ahead.

She turned around to the front of the house, and she willed her feet to the driveway and then to the door. The door seemed like the scary part because what's behind the door was the person who's inside there, and he's unaware that in a little bit, he would see her standing here. All she had to do now was to make her presence known.