Epilogue

Prolonging the perplexity of her decision took her to four months late into the beginning of October

Prolonging the perplexity of her decision took her to four months late into the beginning of October. Snow pretended that blooming feelings of crushes and love were never a thing, so she never had to be accountable with anything or anybody. If she stayed single and free—problem solved—and everyone could live happily. But without a problem, she would never see her life going this way.

Her feet tapped against the ground as she did her best to be patient. She told a boy to meet her at the Downtown Melbourne main street at 6:30 p.m. Slumping her back against the bench, she observed the traffic flow of the streets of cars that drive by. She shouldn't let her have high hopes. 

When leaving the house, Snow wanted to look decent enough in case something turned out. She had thrown her hair in a ponytail, which grew two more inches (oh, what happy results when she first saw it). And her eyes were done with trying out this new shade of brown eyeshadow. She spent enough frivolous time searching for an outfit, but in the end settled with a Colorblock turtle neck sweater that was black, red, and khaki with white cuffs and a pair of light-washed jeans.

Was this a good idea, or should she call it off and abandon it? No, she already texted him. He probably was on his way, and to change her mind at the last minute would look bad on her part.

Was it her fault to show up earlier? No, it's fine; it wasn't like I said it's an emergency.

Time was passing when she wondered how many people would go out here and have fun around shopping areas and cafes or restaurants. Maybe go on dates. Not that she's thinking about that... a date with a possible boy in her mind if only he wanted to.

Her phone vibrated in her hand. hey, I'm here.

Snow quickly darted her eyes around everywhere until he came into view. Slowly, her eyes took notice of his casual long sleeve shirt in black, but it had a white striped pattern. The buttons were undone, so she could see a white t-shirt peeking out underneath. His jeans didn't look so tight or dark, but more casual and loose in light blue. He started to from time to time wear a beanie when autumn rolled around as it began cooling off and getting drier.

Casey approached in closer steps when he looked on in confusion. "Where are the guys?"

"Oh... um..." She held her tongue. Before she had told him that the guys and she decided to make a fast plan to hang out, and she said that he should come because it would be fun. But that wasn't the truth. "I lied."

He watched her. "I lied. They're not coming."

He pointed a finger at her, seemingly unsure. "Then I came dressed up for nothing?"

"That depends on how you wanna view this moment," Snow said.

"So why am I here?"

Snow didn't know how to begin. Her tongue stuck on words. She could say it right away, but she didn't know how it looked. She wasn't sure if that was the right approach as she looked at him hesitantly and nervous. "Would you mind hearing me out?"