Those Years On Ice

⋆ ⋆—~—~—~ Info About One-shot ~—~—~—⋆ ⋆

Short Summary: Nat wants some team bonding and suggested ice skating, Steve refuses cause he can't skate.

Side ships: Thruce (?), Clintasha (?)

Trope: Fluff/Angst

Word Count (including info abt one-shot and A/N): 2539

Timeline: Somewhere in between Age Of Ultron and Civil War.

Other - A/Ns: I read two stony fics with ice skating in which one of them can't skate and I just love the idea. <3 Also the layout of the avenger's tower is probably wrong, sorry.

⋆ ⋆—~—~—~ 3rd Person POV ~—~—~—⋆ ⋆

Nat walked into the common area, aka the living room which was connected to the kitchen, where everyone was. Steve, Bruce, Clint, Thor, and for once, Tony.

Bruce was on the main couch, it was big and right in front of the TV, typing away at inhumane speeds on his laptop. Thor was sitting next to him. Watching him typing, perplexed, he could barely even type "I like pop tarts" without taking 5 minutes. He was chewing quietly on a "post-lunch" burrito.

Clint was sitting on the bean bag— earphones in listening to "good old-fashioned lover boy" on max volume— without a care in the world, just vibing.

Steve was trying to find the milk in the huge fridge that was filled to the brim. And Tony was making himself coffee. Mumbling and complaining about how nobody did it for him or how no one was thoughtful enough to make some damn coffee.

"Afternoon everyone," Nat said in an uplifting tone. Everyone, except Tony, turned their heads to the sound of Nat's Voice. "Afternoon" was spoken across the room. Tony spoke a mumbled "Afternoon.." "Well someone's in a bad mood," Nat spoke as she walked over to Steve hopelessly looking for the milk and got it out for him. "Thanks." Steve said and poured himself a glass "Pass the milk, Rogers," Tony reached his hand out for the milk. Steve handed it over with a small smile on his face, looking at the glass he poured himself, he was craving milk. Understandable.

Nat stepped back from the pantry, where Steve and Tony were, and gazed on her socially disconnected, dysfunctional, family. She thought to herself.

"Hey, what about a team bonding exercise?" Nat spoke loudly getting everyone's attention, except Clint who was still jamming to his tunes— which was now "Verbatim".

Bruce stopped typing and look up at Nat, slightly confused since he only just got out of, what he calls, "The Zone" or something. Thor stopped eating mid-swallow. Tony poured the coffee and completely missed the cup, he cursed under his breath and wiped it away. He didn't like "team bonding exercises", he didn't like them at all. Steve just took a sip of his milk, smiled, and said "That's a great idea!".

"He's like a puppy..." Tony thought to himself as he looked at Steve all happy and cute. Of course Tony would never admit he thought Steve Rogers was cute when he looked like that.

"Thank you, but no thank you," Bruce said as he fitted his glasses and went back to his laptop. "Bruce." Bruce jerked his head in the direction of the sound calling his name, "You are coming." Nat said menacingly "Oh yeah, sure, I-I would love to!" Bruce said, trying his best to sound convincing. Only someone with a death wish would continue an argument with Natasha. "If Bruce is coming," Thor took a bite of his burrito, "I am." He said while chewing.

Nat looked at Clint, still jamming to music (which was now "She"). "Clint," she said in her normal tone. No reply. "Clint!" She said louder this time. No reply. She half walked, half ran over to Clint, and viciously pulled out his earphones. If she yanked it a little harder they would've snapped. "Huh?!" A confused look popped up on Clint's face, "What? What's going on—?" Clint look around and everyone was staring at him. And Natasha was standing in front of him. "Are you gonna come or not?" Clint didn't even think of an answer and just automatically said yes. You do not deny Natasha when she was using that tone... shivers went down Clint's spine, promising himself never to use noise-canceling earphones while in the common area, and only when he is alone.