Arachnophobia

⋆ ⋆—~—~—~ Info About One-shot ~—~—~—⋆ ⋆

Short Summary: Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders.

Side ships: None

Trope: Fluff, very slight Smut

Word Count (including info abt one-shot and A/Ns): 766

Timeline: Post-Endgame AU where Tony survives but he lost his arm. Steve didn't stay for Peggy. Steve and Tony are dating.

Other - A/Ns: Cute, short, and sweet... like Tony :)

⋆ ⋆—~—~—~ 3rd Person POV ~—~—~—⋆ ⋆

Steve was reading the papers, like the old man he is, in Tony's bedroom. Suddenly, he heard a scream coming from the bathroom. "Steve!" Tony called out in a panic, not knowing how to deal with his current situation.

"Are you okay, babe?" Steve replied from inside the other room, "Get over here, please!" Tony said with the same panic in his voice. Steve walked inside Tony's bathroom. First, he noticed that Tony was in the middle of showering. "Well, this isn't what I thought you were calling me for, but sure." Steve said as he started taking off his clothes, "Wh-what— no! Not that I mind— but I have other, more pressing concerns." "Oh."

Second, he noticed the 3-inch spider inside the shower with Tony. "C-could you please..." Tony said shyly and pointed at the spider from the corner of the shower, which was as far as he could get from the arachnid.

"You... you want me to get into the shower with you... to kill it?" Steve asked Tony, just to clarify. Tony gave a little nod to Steve. "Wait a minute... don't you have a robotic arm? And haven't you fought one of the most dangerous, if not the most dangerous, man— alien in the universe? Why the hell would you be scared of a small, 3-inch spider? 3 inches can't do anything to you, just ask Clint's wife." Steve remarked.

"Okay, first of all, language." Tony said and noticed Steve roll his eyes, "second of all, c-can you just... put it to sleep?" "It's not gonna do anything to you, Tony." "Just... please?" Tony pleaded, trying his best to convince Steve that getting wet was worth it.

Steve sighed, coming to a decision. "Fine. Move over." Steve said, entering the small shower. Tony moved back into the wall behind him even more, getting cornered by Steve's massive frame. Steve stepped on the spider, hearing a squashing noise. Tony cringed at the horrid sound.

"There, easy," Steve said, reassuring Tony that spiders should be the least of his worries. Steve turned around to face the smaller man who had already been backed up against the wall, as far as he could go. Steve left a small kiss on Tony's neck and left the crowded shower— between Tony and the lifeless body of the spider.

"Y-you're not gonna leave me in here with... the spider..." Tony looked back at Steve who was nearly out of the door. "It's dead." "Yeah, but it's still there!" Tony complained. "What, do you want me to stay inside the shower with you?" Steve said sarcastically, not expecting the small, pleading nod from Tony. He sighed.

"I don't want to get my clothes wet." Steve made the excuse, "Take them off then." Tony smiled. Steve sighed again, "Alright." Steve undressed and entered Tony's shower. Steve stood tall, behind the smaller one, softly gripping the sides of Tony's waist. "I'll be quick, don't worry," Tony said, reassuringly.

Steve leaned forward, resting his head in the crook of Tony's neck. Tony, in response, leaned backward against Steve's chest. The body of the spider did not move and just stayed in the corner of the shower, opposite where Tony stood.

Tony was finishing up, putting product in his hair, and washing off. Once he had finished, he turned around, meeting the soft embrace of the man who stood behind him. "Done already?" Steve spoke softly, "Yup, move over big guy, I need to get dressed." Tony slightly pressed his hands against Steve's waist in an attempt to have him move over.

"Getting dressed is overrated," Steve said quietly, still embracing Tony. Soon enough, he gave in and hugged Steve back. "I have work to do." Tony complained, "You're a billionaire, you don't need to work," "I enjoy it, big guy." "I know something else you might enjoy," Steve said in a deadpanned voice. "Whoa! Calm down, it's eight in the morning." Tony chuckled.

Steve landed a soft kiss on the crook of Tony's neck, where his head rested, "Go get dressed, gorgeous." Steve let go of Tony, allowing him to leave the small shower, fit for Tony.

A/N: Poor Peter. :(