The Punishment

Emperor Sinjong kneels on the floor in front of her.

"Don't you trust me? You escaped because you wanted to save the baby from the royal family, didn't you? Do you think it was nothing for me to lose our first baby?" Emperor Sinjong says softly to the crying concubine.

He doesn't want to scare her anymore. She wipes the single tear from her cheek. Her silence was the answer that she doesn't trust anyone in the royal family, not even the Emperor.

"Royal family politics are something beyond description, Yun Hee. Everyone in the palace always seeks advantage. I understand it was so hard for you to stay there. I just wanted you to be safe this time. I wanted to keep it secret not because I didn't want to accept the baby, but because I didn't want to give any scope to our unknown enemy anymore. Yun Hee, no matter what, you are always special to me. Your pregnancy is a blessing to me. You are my Queen, my only Dragon Queen. I know you can only give me a Dragon Prince. Can you trust me now?" He cups Concubine Seo's face and makes her look into his eyes.

"Really?" Her lips quivered with an unknown fear. She still can't believe him.

Emperor Sinjong couldn’t resist capturing her pinkish lips to leave a soft kiss. She is scared of everything now. He hugs Concubine Seo suddenly. Only love and affection can help him to gain her trust again.

He breaks the hug after a few moments.

"But you deserve punishment for what you have done," He whispers. At which he notices shades of fear in her eyes.

Suddenly he takes Concubine Seo in bridal style and steps towards the bed. He makes her lay down on the bed.

"This is a royal inn, not the royal palace. There's a lot of royal guards around. You are always so loud. Don't be so loud when we make love. This is your punishment," He says while loosening his robe and his nose is busy inhaling Concubine Seo's smell from the crook of her neck.

________________________

"I will protect both of you,"

Emperor Sinjong kisses the forehead of the concubine who is now sleeping after making love with him. He is happy that she still smells like before. There's no trace of another man's smell on her. He was passionate about this physical relationship to have proof that she wasn't touched by anyone.

________________________

The palanquin stops on the premises in front of the emperor's palace. Emperor Sinjong gets down from the horse and steps towards the palanquin.

Concubine Seo fixes her robe for the last time, as she has to get down from the palanquin now. There will be so many royal administrators and important people from noble households to greet the Emperor and the Concubine expecting a Dragon Prince as a blessing from the Dragon Goddess. 

When she is about to get down, the Emperor offers his hand to her. She touches Sinjong's hand shyly. This is the first time he is showing such affection to her in such an open place. 

Concubine Seo steps towards the staircase of the Emperor's palace holding the Emperor's hand.

The Dragon Queen of Goryeo is back in the royal palace.

**************************