The God of Darkness

There is an unknown underground cave of a mountain in the abandoned land of Goryeo.

The ceiling of the cave is covered with bats. Direct sun rays don't reach here, but only a few scattered rays which are giving a moist cursed environment inside the cave. The scattered rays make the cave scarry by producing intensified shadows of evil bats and ugly stones on the walls.

Inside the cave, a tall man in black robes with a hood is reciting something in a husky voice.

He is standing in front of a giant statue of a dragon made of natural black stones and minerals. The statue is standing on the pool of black water from a waterfall inside the mountain which has created a cursed river of Goryeo.

The man in the black robe is holding something tightly on the dais made of stone. The innocent creature in his hold is still moving despite the slaughterer's tight grip.

The man has sacrificed a newborn white rabbit on the dais just now for the legendary black dragon, the God of Darkness. The worshiper keeps reciting until the last drop of the newborn animal's warm innocent blood soaks the dais.

The man feels disgusted looking at the dead rabbit, its blood wasn't enough to soak the whole dais. He throws the unfortunate dead rabbit's body somewhere in the dark. The blood-loving bats living in the cave will eat the meat and bone without leaving any trace.

He needs to sacrifice something having such warm, innocent and powerful blood, not a mere rabbit.

"At this rate, you have to sacrifice for millions of years to satisfy our blood-loving God to get a reward of unstoppable power from him, Ma Du Shik," someone laughed loudly from behind.

"I have ordered for several newborn tigers and other available strong animals from several merchants, Cho Kyu Hwan," Du Shik replies without turning back, recognizing the voice.

"All these newborns are nothing but weak cats or whatever, human newborn sacrifice is better than low-level animals."

"But our God of Darkness likes warm innocent blood of something which is not easily available. A human newborn is more available than even rabbits," Ma Du Shik turns back and steps towards the Kyu Hwan who is now sitting in a stone cave.

"I did not say to sacrifice the available ones. Your brain has become blunt while catching idiotic animals. You have disconnected yourself from the outer world. Have you ever forgotten how to read stars?" Kyu Hwan chuckles, showing his dirty teeth.

"Don't forget about the sharpness of my dark knowledge before insulting me. Recently a circle of energy has been created on the earth. But the counter energy is dominating inside the circle of energy. This month will be crucial for us, as we are going to have a solar eclipse when our black dragon will attack the sun and we can be rewarded by sacrificing more during this eclipse period," Du Shik says while wiping the blood off his sparking knife on his dirty black robe. 

"A Dragon Prince and a Dragon Princess were born in the Goryeo royal family. They were born as a result of ritual to the Golden Dragon Goddess in the Dragon Temple. What can be more innocent, warm, and powerful than such a newborn's blood? The circle of energy is the rest to give partial fullness of her presence in a human body. But our God of Darkness is trying to create a barrier so that darkness can dominate rather than that Dragon Goddess. The solar eclipse is the opportunity for us to show how much we are devoted to the Black Dragon," Kyu Hwan says while opening some papers where he had measured the movement of the stars dominating black energy.

"Are you mad? Even sacrificing a single drop of blood from them is an impossible task that I can't even imagine," Du Shik groans.

"Why do you think God of Darkness wants a sacrifice that can be easily kept on the dais? If we can overflow this dais with even a single drop of blood, the Black Dragon will give us tremendous power that can't be gained even after sacrificing for thousands of years." Kyu Hwan says while rubbing the blade of his knife in stone to make it even sharper. 

**********************