13.

Once I entered the living room. I was pulled into hugs.

Matteo left me there; after instructing Marco to nurse my foot, and upstairs to Leo's office, while here I'm in Alexander's arms.

"Oh my God, I can't breathe!" My voice; was stifled by his chest.

"Where were you, silly?" He moved away, and just like that, I was pulled in Rocco's arms.

Once he left me I inhaled a good amount of air.

"Sit down," Marco said and pushed me to sit on the couch.

Once I settled down, Marco started to remove the glass from my foot. "Where were you?"

I gulped. Now, I know if told them I was at the back of the garden, they are going to ban me from there.

Because that place; was supposed to remain invisible from anyone's vision.

Those unusual blossoms; and broken pots were kept there to hide that certain path.

"Uh, I broke one of the pots, and yeah."

Alessandro, who was sitting right beside me raised a brow. "Then how come There are glass pieces in your foot?"

"Well, I went to put the broken pot in that certain corner, you know where all the other broken pots are! And there were few pieces of glass there."

I'm such a good liar.

"Where were your shoes?" A sudden voice of Leo startled me, I accidentally hit my knee on Marco's nose.

He hissed in pain and fell on his butt. "I'm so sorry. It was all Leo's fault. He shouldn't have talked so suddenly like a ghost that too from behind me!" I rushed to explain my innocence.

Matteo and Alexander laughed out loud. "Marco, that was a hilarious dude!"

Rocco stayed beside his twin, attempting to control his laugh, while Alessandro chuckled along with Antonio.

Leo remained unfazed. "This is all your fault!"

I shrugged my shoulder. Not paying me any notice, Leo asked,

"Bambina, Why were you barefoot?"

"Well, I forgot my shoes here. And was too lazy to come back just for shoes, so yeah!" I said, grinning sheepishly.

The rest nodded besides Leo and Antonio, who kept staring at me suspiciously.

Once Marco was done bandaging my foot, I jumped on my foot and hissed instantly.

Stumbling, I sat back on the couch. "Why would you even do that, is out of my creativity!"

After muttering few profanities, Marco carried me towards the dining hall, which is joined with the kitchen.

Settling me down on my usual chair beside Leo, he took his seat. "Oh my poor child, how did that even happened?" Mia amble; out of the kitchen while asking me.

"Uh, I stepped on some sharp things." Keeping it vague, I proceed to serve myself, not knowing what kind of food it is.

"What is this even?" I took a moment to gaze at the dish, And then took a bite.

"It's mushroom carbonara! It contains gluten, a type of protein that causes issues for those who are gluten-sensitive. On the other hand, pasta can provide some nutrients that are important to health. Pasta is high in carbs." After a pause, she added," although it can be bad for you when consumed in a large amount." At first, it tastes nice and then I started to feel suffocated.

My jaw, hanging with my mouth full of now very small amount of food in it. Cause the rest is in my stomach.

Seems like something is clogging my throat and nose. I started coughing with my hand to my chest.