26.

Marco and Rocco woke me up by yelling at each other. How thoughtful of them. Though waking me up was unintentional. A few minutes later, when I was sure that I was fully awake, I knocked on the open door of their room.

their heads snapped in my direction with angry frowns plastered over their faces. "What's up, guys? Yelling at this godly hour?"

I checked the time before knocking, and it's 1 in the morning. Cute.

"You are awake?"

"Trying to change the topic, are we?" I asked an angry-looking Marco. "Shut up, Allegra. And why weren't you at the table for lunch and dinner? Leo asked for you in his office." Marco said after passing me a glare.

"It was the medicines that made me sleep for more than 11 hours. And why did he even call me at this time?" I asked while yawning.

"He called before you slept." Rocco retorted. Nodding, I made my way to Leo's office. Rocco told me to eat something and then take the medicines kept at the side table.

This time I decided that I would take it before going to bed, or else I might sleep forever. Walking inside Leo's office without knocking rewarded me with his infamous glare.

Passing him my sexy grin, I took my seat in front of him. "Hey, Leo. What you doin'?" My failed British accent put a grin on my face and nothingness on his face.

"Allegra, I told you that the next time if you came inside my office without knocking, the consequence won't be pretty? Now you will be punished for it." His voice and eyes were cold.

"But ill give you the punishment in the morning. First, tell me why were sleeping since morning. Are you perhaps sick?" His whole focus was on me as he set his pen beside the papers he was working on and molded his palms together on the desk.

"Uh, I took a few medicines in the morning so, maybe it's because of that?" I said, a little doubtful.

"What medicines?" He inquired, eyes narrowed into slits.

"Uh, Alessandro told me to take it." Shrugging, I took the ballpoint kept in the pen holder and whirl it between my fingers.

He let out a hum and then asked, "Allegra, do you want to ask something?"

He must have seen a question mark plastered on my face. "Well yeah. But I'm not sure if it's okay to ask."

"Go on." But before I could proceed with my questions, my stomach grumbled.

"Have you eaten anything before coming here?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I shook my head left to right and sent him a sheepish grin. He sighed, fussing something under his breath in the lines of 'I told those idiots to give her some damn food',

And I think the supposed idiots are Marco and Rocco.

He walked outside his office in his formal suit, just without the coat, and entered the kitchen with me trailing behind him.

He put three chicken sandwiches in the microwave while I watched him in amazement. "You know how to cook?"

"Why do you think I don't know how to cook?"

"I mean, look at you-" I coughed, "Uh, I mean you are a busy person, that's all."

Sparing me a sharp glance, he put two of the sandwiches on one plate, and give them to me, and put the last on his plate.

While uncovering the sandwich to remove lettuce from it, I asked, "Do you think it's okay to forgive?"

He paused his movements for a second but answered, "Depends on how big the sin is."

"What if it's not that big to be a sin but destroyed a lot of lives?"

He took a bite and replied after a thought, "If it's on you, then you decide to forgive or not. But personally, it should not be forgiven."

There was something much; deeper in those words than said.

After a long pause, Leo looked at me, "Have you read the diary?"

I nodded. When he didn't ask me anything, I did, "When is your birthday?"

He raised a brow at me, which clearly says why-do-you-want-to-know-my-birthday?'

"You don't want to know about my birthday?"

"I already know when your birthday is." He folded his arms across his chest.

"So, shouldn't I also know when's your birthday?" He mimicked his actions and folded my arms over my chest.

He scanned me for a second and nodded. "March 5."

Coincidence?

"When is Antonio's?"

His posture went tense. "You should ask Antonio about it."

"What about Matteo?"

"July 7."

I think not.

"Why are you suddenly asking for our birthdays?" He narrowed his blue eyes at me.

"Just like that. By the way, do you know any Ros-" he completed my sentence.

"Rosa Dante?" I nodded meekly.

Leo stood up and walked towards the giant window in front of the dining room.

His palms were crushed, in tight fists, with his neck vein popping now and then. When I thought he, isn't going to answer, I stood up, kept the plate in the sink, and was about to walk away when his voice stopped me. "She was our mother."

_____________.

•|Happy Reading|•

Iloveyouuuuu lomllllll<3333

Happyyyy 50k.

Okay ahem ahem *mike testing*

You guys don't know how fucking happyyyy this made me. Personally I have no intention of having a large number of reads it's just my inner intestine which is forcing me to write and I'm glad about it. But stillll these reads make me so happy and they are one of the reasons for me to continue this story.

And ofcourse all my precious readers even the silent ones. I'm personally a silent reader so I won't blame them. Ilyyyyyalll<3

Bbbbyeeeeeee. My college has started and I'll upload on Fridays or Saturdays mostly. Hopefully.