12

When the morning finally came, I slothed my way to the closest to change into my uniform. It was far too early to deal with this, but I guess that's the curse of being the gentleman-in-waiting for one of the most powerful princes in the 17th century. When I finally got dressed in my dark red attire and fluffed out my hair, I headed to the prince's quarters. While walking through the hallway, women were running left and right setting up flowers and men, whom I've never seen before, carried tables. This was the event of the decade, and I'm caught right in the middle of it.

"Good morning Prince Jake." I said with a bow. The beautiful specimen turned around to look at me. He gave me a smile as he took a bite of his breakfast.

"Are you excited for today?" I asked, hoping we could dance around the topic of the kiss.

"I haven't quite decided." He said. "The stress of events like this is quite unnecessary, but its tradition. I'm sure some of the other princes are over the moon at the idea of finding their Queen."

"Do you not want to find your Queen?" I asked him.

He took a moment to think. "It's not that I don't want a companion, I guess I just don't want to forever curse someone with this life." I raised an eyebrow at his answer. "Well, to be honest Sunghoon, I can't remember the last time I left these walls. The farthest away I've gotten is the palace garden. Princes rarely travel to other kingdoms for safety reasons, and kings are far too busy to go on a vacation. I just don't want someone else to be chained here....with me." He said, voice solom.

"I'm sorry you feel that way Prince, I never realized how trapped you felt." I said as I looked to the ground.

"You know Sunghoon, you can call me Jake. The Prince thing is kind of a drag." He said with a laugh that sounded like music to my ears.

"Isn't that unpropper? I've only known you for a day or two."
"We've known each other for such a short time, yet I feel like I KNOW you. It's almost like I can feel what you feel. Like we understand each other. I'm almost positive you feel the same way. It's like we are soulmates." He said as he fixed his tie in the mirror.

Soulmates? I thought. He doesn't know what those words mean to me, but they sure feel amazing to hear him say it.

"You should continue with the preparations, but be cautious of Heeseung. He is very wary of you stealing the best maiden from him." Jake laughed, I however, wasn't laughing. To be honest, Heeseung always scared me.

Speaking of the devil, the second I stepped out of Jake's room, Heeseung was walking down that exact hallway. I immediately turned on my heels to walk away from him, until I heard "Sunghoon"

I turned to face him, a scowl forming on his face.

"I know you are up to something. I'm not sure what it is, but just know I've got my eye on you."

"Oh really now? I come here to help my prince, and now you detest his personal servant. That might reflect badly on your kingdom's relations." I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Why you little-!" He started, but then his eyes got distracted by something behind me. He straightened up and left, not a word was spoken.

When I finally turned around to see what had happened, I saw Amalya standing there, Jake's head maid.

"Well that was...odd." She said. I gave her a silent agreement as we walked down the hallway.