24

I woke up before Jake, I sat up in my bed and entry observed him. How is someone this perfect real? Looking at him, I felt in a daze from his beauty. I stayed on my couch as he started to stir. He sat up and I smiled at him.

“Good morning.” I told him.

“Good morning beautiful,” Jake said as he laid down again. Thank god he laid down so he couldn’t see my blush.

-

We got dressed in these strange outfits that apparently all agents wear.. It was black pants, a white long sleeve dress shirt, and these strange black vests over it. There was a cube sown in the top left corner of the vest.

Apparently, it’s called the iland attire. Must be something from this universe since I’d never heard about it.

Jake and I got ready as we left the room, as we began leaving the room we saw Amara peaking around a corner and heard some strong voices. We slowly approached her and she tried to give us a smile, but I could tell she was angry.

Jake and I peeked around the corner to find what Amara was spying on. We saw Heeseung facing our direction and a man shouting that must have been General Perton, Heeseungs father.

“You’re an idiot of a boy, having the stupid girl stay. I’ve told you a million times that emotions are useless and women are weak. Your stupid crush on this girl has made you weak, youve gotten distracted and started disobying my orders. You have stoped acting like a true man, and I refuse to have a pathetic boy for a son.” Perton yelled at him.

Jake gasped a little bit and grabbed my hand. I rubbed Amaras back a bit to help comfort her. This dude was messed up, and the anger was evident on Heeseungs face.

“You are a fool! There is nothing about women that are weak, you are weak-minded for thinking such a thing. And I am a man, if anything emotions make you more of a man! I am a man because I have been given the emotions and I must feel it like a man, and you are just a broken human being.” Heeseung yelled back stunning us all.

“And if I am a pathetic little boy in your eyes, that is a hell of a lot better than being your son.” Heeseung said, his face cold as ice. He walked past his dad, letting their shoulders collide as he stormed in our direction.

General Perton yelled and walked off the other way. When Heeseung finally got to us, his face was red in anger. He looked at the three of us, but mostly at Amara.

“I’m sorry you had to hear that.” Heeseung said, he hung his head slightly as his anger turned into sadness. Without warning, Amara gave him a big hug. It was heartwarming to see her comfort him, a small smile made its way on my face despite the situation.

Jake turned and whispered to me. “Isn’t it cute that in his rage, Heeseung quotes Shakespear. Specifically a line from Macbeth.”

I raised an eyebrow at him, I had never read Shakespeare.

“He said ‘I must feel it like a man’ when he yelled at his father. That line was said by a man doing everything he could to avenge his wife, the love of his life.” Jake said with a smile.

That made me smile as I slowly led Jake in the other direction. These two deserved some time. Without knowing it or not, Heeseung referred to Amara as the love of his life.

Have you guys read Macbeth? I personally love the play lol.