13

Uh-oh unlucky 13..... Will I make this chapter unlucky? Possibly...........

Amalya and I walked to the main room, where we met with Beomgyu, Yeonjun, Heuningkai, Taehyun (Terry), and Soobin. Not to be dramatic, but I felt short compared to some of them. Me and Taehyun (Terry) are about the same height, but damn this Soobin kid is TALL.

I stood in between Beomgyu and Terry, I mean Taehyun, since I get along with them and their princes the most. I can't go by Yeonjun because he works for Heesueung, Soobin is with Jay and that's a red flag, and something about Sunoo and Heuningkai makes me want to stay away. Don't get me wrong, Kai is nice, but that whole Sunoo-trying-to-kiss-me thing kinda threw me off. So needless to say, Beomgyu and Taehyun are my best bet.

"Okay gentleman, here is your last dance practice before the courting ball. I'm sure you will all do amazingly."

Amalya thankfully complied to by my dancing partner. I walked up to her and took her hand.

"Amalya...where do I put my other hand?" I asked, I completely forgot.

"Oh Sunghoon, are you that dense?" She asked as she moved my other hand to her waist. We swayed a bit, but it was incredibly awkward. Everything felt still and uncomfortable.

As we were dancing, the princes walked in. They were barley chatting to each other, but sending knowing glances to one another. They stepped in and watched us all.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Prince Jay point to me and Amalya and got Prince Heeseungs attention.

When Heeseung looked this way, his face grew stiff. Danm, did he hate me that much?

When I finally locked eyes with Jack, my heart skipped a beat. I'm not sure what it is about him, but he is something different. From catching his eye, I accidentally fumbled over my feet and looked like a fool.

"What are you doing?" Amalya whispered. I ignored her and the snickers from people around the room, and looked back at him.

Jake had a smug little smile and raised his eyebrow. He's totally making fun of me.

"Sunghoon, what are you thinking! It's a simple dance pattern and yet you still stumble." The dancing instructor said. "If you can't get it together, you will make a fool out of this kingdom!" He yelled.

I stiffened, I couldn't do that to Jake. I want him to trust me, he's...special.

"Everyone go back to your quarters, we are finishing the preparations for the ball tonight. And Sunghoon, if you value your existence, I would recommend practicing."

Well that wasn't threatening at all.

I walked back by myself, but I hear someone following me. Not only following me, chasing me. Before I knew it the mysterious person pushed me against the wall and held their arm to my neck, barley letting me breath.

It was Heeseung.

"What do you think you were doing?" He asked.

"L-Look I know I messed up the dance but I promise-" I started. He cut my off by loudly kicking the wall behind me.

"Not about the dance you prick! The person you were dancing with. Even an idiot like you should know better." He threatened.

"Amalya? But she's a servant like me..."
"She is more than that! And you'd be in your best mind to remember that."

Oh shit, Heeseung likes Amalya?!? It's the definition of bad boy and good girl relationship. I mean, I ship it, but it is the 1700"s and people here arn't as progressive as me.

"Prince I-"

"Heeseung, what exactly are you doing to my gentleman-in-waiting?" A voice asked. So calm, yet such a warm tone. Heeseung jumped back from me and looked to the voice.

"Pardon me Prince Jake, it won't happen again." Heesung said and quickly shuffled away. Jake started walking up to me, my breath still heavy from being choked by a crazy prince.

"Come with me." Jake said.