You belong to another world S.J

Your POV
Scarlett and I have been dating for about 3 years now. Things are going well but I am starting to feel I'm not good enough for her. Scarlett is an A-list actress and gets all the attention while I am just an office staff who works 9 to 5. I can't afford the things she likes. I also don't know what she sees in me. How can I dare to stand next to her? She deserves someone better than me. Someone who is worthy.

My friend sent me home from the club and I am struggling to open the door with my keys. Before I managed to slot the keys in, someone opened the door for me.

"Babe! I came back from work and you're not here." Scarlett hugged me and I didn't return it. "Babe, are you okay? Are you drunk?" Scarlett noticed I was acting differently.

Fuck it.

"Let's break up."

"What?" Scarlett lets go of me. "You're joking right?" I can hear her voice shake.

I feel bad but it had to be done. "I'm not. I'm serious." I turned away from her and walked back to my house. It breaks my heart to see her break down. Perhaps somewhere in my brain I still had my reservations, that's why I kept my house vacant. So that I always have a place to run back. Such a coward.

Scarlett POV
What just happened? Did I do something? Did she just leave? Why did she want to break up all of a sudden?

I was left standing there in shock as I watched her getting further and further away. I was so happy a moment ago and now it came crashing down. I dropped to my knees and as her back left my sight, realization started to set in that she was not coming back. Tears started falling down my face as I screamed in agony. Was these 3 years for nothing?

The next day, I still had filming to be done so I picked myself up from bed and dragged my feet to set. It was a tough day on set since I couldn't get into the mood. The schedules got delayed and things got pushed back because of me.  I feel bad but I'm not in the mood to do anything. My mind kept drifting to Y/N.

"Scarlett, are you okay? You seemed out of place today." Chris (Evans) came to check on me during the break.

"Yup. Just tired." I replied.

"Tired? Didn't you go back early yesterday?"

"I stayed up late." It wasn't a lie. I couldn't sleep after Y/N left. Even though I travelled overseas and was able to sleep without Y/N. It was different sleeping in a room that was filled with so many memories with her but without her presence.

"The director is calling for us, let's go."

After the shoot I decided to find Y/N, I wasn't going to allow her to end things without an explanation. I went to her office but they told me she didn't go to work today. I headed to the only other place I knew where she could be. I knocked on her door but there was no answer. I took the spare key and entered her house.

"Y/N?" No reply. I walked over to the kitchen and saw all the empty bottles of alcohol on the table and floor. Did she drink all of this in a day? The bottles on the floor was enough to open a bar. I walked further in and saw her lying on the floor.

"Oh my god! Y/N!" I got to my knees and shook her. She was pale and cold to the touch and unconscious. I picked her up and drove her to the hospital. Ugh, why did she have to drink so much alcohol?

As soon as I arrived, the doctor took her and did a series of checks. After about half an hour, they finally came out to explain the situation.

"She had a mild onset of alcohol poisoning. Thank goodness you brought her in early. After flushing out the alcohol with some IV drip she should wake up no problem." The doctor explained.

"Thank you so much." I rushed into the room and saw her lying on the hospital bed. Her skin was so dry from the alcohol and I could even see the scratches on her arms. I don't understand, she was the one who broke things up, why was she in this state?

Your POV
I felt like someone was hammering a nail on my head as I woke up. The blinding light was not helping at all. I tried to speak but my voice was so hoarse due to my dry throat. Suddenly a glass of water came to my view and I turned around to look at the person, Scarlett?

"Scarlett?" I took the glass of water from her. "You were unconscious in your house."

I'm not going to lie, it's nice seeing her again. But I remembered what I did. I broke up with her. "What are you doing here?"

"Why did you break up with me? I need a reason."

"I don't love you anymore. Simple as that." I gave her an answer very easily.

"Then you have to give me back something you took from me." I don't understand what she means. What do I have that she wants? It's more probable that I get things back from her since I was staying in her house. I don't think that I have anything that is hers.

"You meant like the necklace and such? They should be in your house."

"I meant my heart."

"Scarlett..." I sighed.

"Why? Why? I don't understand why you would break things up. I don't believe you don't love me anymore. It can't just happen suddenly." She stood up and started pacing the room.

"It didn't. You and I aren't meant to be together. You belong to another world. You belong to the world of light. I can't give you the things you want. I can't give you things you like. It would be boring with me... You should find someone who can give you everything. Someone who can stand next to you." I told her the truth.

"But you are what I want. You're priceless. No amount of money can buy you. You make me happy, not the others. You don't have to get me anything. I just want you." Scarlett said very quickly.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW SCARY IT WAS WHEN YOU LEFT ME ALONE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW SCARY IT WAS TO SEE YOU LYING DOWN UNCONSCIOUS." She took a deep breath. "I thought I was going to lose you..." She let out a couple of tears.

"I'm sorry..."

"Please don't do this again. I love you too much to lose you." I nodded. "Let's go home shall we?" I nodded again.

We got home with me using a wheelchair because I was still too weak to move around too much. As soon as Scarlett set me in the living room, she went to get me a glass of water to hydrate me. When she came back, she saw me with tears streaming down my face. "Y/N! Are you okay?"

I looked up at her. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I shook my head.

Scarlett pulled me closer to her into a hug. "You're here. You're here. No one is leaving."

Written on 24/9/2021
Posted on 9/11/2021