6. Ruined

My concept of time has been so fucked up the last few months.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It is six thirty!

I am late!

I am so late!

I hurriedly unlock the door to my apartment and jog through it.

"Sean, I know that I am late but I can explain" I rush out as I close said front door behind me

I am met with a deafening silence.

Oh, he must be running late as well.

I release a sigh of relief at this revelation.

Great! I still have time to take a shower and get dressed.

-

I zip up the back of my dress before running my hands over the front of it, smoothing it out.

I am dressed in an emerald green dress that stops near my calves. It has a long slit up the side of said dress which I currently do not mind all that much.

The dress has one long sleeve that goes down one of my arms which the other arm is completely bare.

This is okay, I guess.

It is either this dress or the short black one.

I turn around and glance at said dress that is hanging up on my wall.

It is a very slim fitting black dress.

The dress has very thin straps that are made to rest on my shoulders. It has a specific textured pattern around the breast area so that you do not have to wear a bra with it.

The end of the dress stops a few inches above my knees. This dress has a large slit going up one of the legs as well.

I continue to stare at the dress for a few moments before deciding to do my hair.

It is a beautiful dress, but I do not think that I would look good in it.

The last time I wore said dress was three years ago.

I doubt that I still fits anyway.

I retrieve a random hair tie from my shelf and choose to pull my hair up into a slick high ponytail.

As I am pulling my brunette hair up into a high ponytail I am careful not to mess up the curls I did just moments ago.

It takes me a few minutes but I eventually get my hair to where I like it.

"Finally" I sigh out with relief

I briskly make my way out of my closet, switching the light off behind me.