13. The First Week

Merry Christmas!!!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I make my way over towards Genevieve, who is now sitting on her bed.

"Can you turn off the lamp before you lay down?" She asks

"Sure" I say, making my way over towards said lamp

I do as she says, twisting the knob under the lampshade until her bedroom is painted black by the night sky, the subtle moonlight being our own source of light.

Genny holds the blanket open for me, allowing me to effortlessly slip under the warm fabric.

I adjust myself under the blanket before turning on my side and resting my head against cold pillow.

The corners of my lips turn upwards at the sight of her coffee brown eyes.

Our faces are rather close considering the limited space on this bed.

The two of us just stay like this for a moment, relishing in the calming repetition of the chirping crickets outside.

Our silent breaths gently fanning against each other's cheeks.

My breath hitches as I suddenly feel the tips of her fingers gently trail up my bare arm.

The raven haired girl's fingertips leave a trail of goosebumps in their wake as they continue to ghost up my arm.

I practically hold my breath as her fingertips stop at my shoulder before moving towards my face.

I release a soft gasp as she gently taps the tip of my nose.

The raven haired girl smiles at my reaction, soon bringing her pointer finger up to carefully tuck a few loose strands of my brunette hair behind my ear.

I scrunch my nose up at this due to it still tingling from her touch.

My face slowly relaxes as she rests her hand on my cheek.

The pad of her thumb gently runs along my cheekbone.

"You're beautiful," she suddenly whispers

My heart stops at this compliment.

She sounds like she actually means it.

No. This is Hunter we are talking about.

My bottom lip quivers as I try to figure out what to say next.

This goes on for a few moments which does not go unnoticed by her.

She moves her face an inch closer towards mine.

The two of us are so close to each other that I feel her slow exhales brush against my lips.

"What's going through your head?" She asks me with a softer tone of voice

I pretend to panic internally due to the script saying something along the lines of my character panicking.

"Lainey?" She whispers again, her eyes hooded

"Do you really have a dick?" I rush out without thinking

I hear a few people try their best to stifle their laugh.

What really breaks me is when someone snorts from trying not to break out into laughter.

I instantly break out of character as I burst into laughter as well.

Unfortunately this only urges everyone else who had been holding in their laughter to also being laughing.

"Cut! Everyone take five!" Gigi calls out