Epilogue 2.0

One Year After Their Movie Premiere.

Delaney's POV

Wow! I cannot believe that it has been a year since Hunter proposed to me in front of everyone at our private movie premiere.

Of course when we checked our cellphones the next day we found out that someone had leaked this information to the press, therefore causing the paparazzi to practically stalk Hunter and I for that week.

Most of them eventually let up when they finally came to the realization that neither Hunter nor I were going to reveal anything to them regarding the status of our relationship.

After our movie premiered to the public the paparazzi began hounding us once again.

This time however it wasn't only paparazzi but television hosts, radio stations, talk shows and podcast hosts were requesting our presence.

Although all of these various outlets were requesting our attendance at the end out the day they were all asking the same question...

'Are all of the rumors true? Are you really engaged to McKenna King?'

It inevitably became so bad that I had to stop wearing my engagement ring in public which completely broke my heart.

I know that you may be thinking 'why don't you confirm the rumors'?

If I confirm that Hunter and I are engaged then they will poke and pry at our relationship with a set of tweezers in hopes of dooming it.

You see, people love to build people up until one day they just switch and turn on you, deciding to tear down the very person they helped get to where they are.

When Hunter and I were originally rumored to be dating I began to become flooded with nice comments and messages from people who claimed that they support Hunter and I dating.

When the screen recording of Hunter and I kissing on her livestream leaked a portion of those same people began discouraging our relationship and saying that both Hunter and I could 'do better' which was usually followed by something extremely insensitive.

The bottom line is that some people do not know when to just let two people be happy.

This especially pertains when the aforementioned two people are in a relationship with one another and a person outside of the relationship feels like they have the right to say what should or should not be happening in said relationship, a relationship that they are not apart of.

With just Hunter, me and a small group of people being aware of our engagement status it eliminates all of the people who feel like they deserve the right to know about said relationship due to us being the ones who choose who gets to know.

Hunter and I agreed that this idea was the best option.

Anyways, not long after our movie premiered our emails were constantly full because of our manager emailing us about directors who want to work with us.

Some directors wanted both Hunter and I to star in their movies which I declined to do because it would seem odd to have two completely different projects that Hunter and I are starring in that have no correlation with the original project at hand.

A few other directors wanted me to star in their movie but have Hunter guest star in it.

I declined to these offers as well because it is basically the same as the first option.

While scrolling through all of these offers I eventually found a movie pitch that I really liked. It is about a high school girl who moves to a small town and tries to navigate her way through hardships, friendships, fake friends and relationships.