ten ✓ la push, baby

chapter ; ten

title ; la push, baby

act one ; twilight

The phone rang and Isla jumped up from her spot on the couch. "Hello! Wilson household." She spoke into the phone, hearing the breathing on the other side. "Hello?"

The breathing got heavier and Isla heard panicked voices in the background. She couldn't make out many words, or recognize the voices, all she could tell was the panic between whoever they were.

"Isla?"

The phone slipped from her grip, clattering to the floor. She could hear the person on the other side of the line say her name again, and then again.

"Isla?"

Her heart was beating fast, maybe even too fast. She brought her hand up to her chest and clutched the t-shit she wore in an attempt to help herself breathe.

"Issa?"

The nickname bright bile to her mouth and before Isla knew it the girl had jumped up ran to the nearest garbage can, only to empty anything that had been in her system into the garbage.

When she neared the dropped phone, the dial tone alerted Isla that the person on the other side of the call had hung up.

══════════

Isla had met up with Bella and her friends. They all—including Isla— were off to La Push. Or as Mike put it "La Push Baby!" Isla found that it was annoying to listen to the boy sing the words: "La Push, Baby!" over and over again.

The group arrived at the beach where Mike and the other boys had gotten ready to surf. Or try to at least.

Bella was sitting in front of Isla. The Wilson girl was french braiding Bella's hair. Some girl who had also come, who Isla didn't know the name of was sitting on the sand talking about boys and all the school drama with Angela.

Isla watched as a group of boys walked over. They had longish dark hair and walked the earth like they owned the place. Sure enough, they did kinda "own" the place, just because of their ancestors.

Bella jumped up and hugged her friend, Jacob, forgetting all about her hair. Jacob had a bright smile on his face when he hugged the girl. His eyes seemed to twinkle with happiness.

"Isla, this is Jacob. Jacob, this is Isla." Bella introduced the two.

Isla stuck her hand out for the other boy to shake, which he did firmly. "so you're the famous jake I hear all about." Isla smiled, happy that she could tease the two. As much as she knew Bella and Edward, she knew that she and Jacob were a good set of friends.

"All good thing I hope."

Bella seemed to blush even harder, if that was possible. Isla seemed to regret thinking Bella had a crush on Edward because of how she acted with the werewolf.

The two—Bella and Jacob— walked off somewhere to talk and hang out. Bella was curious about the Cullens and assumed that Jacob would know something.

Isla sat in the back of the van, book between her hands. Her eyes watched as Mike was pulled under the water only to come swimming back up. The book Isla was holding was snatched out of her hand. Tyler stood there with a smirk on his lips. "Let's go!" he called out before tossing the book somewhere and running. Isla jumped away from the van and raced after the vibrant boy, who seemed to be laughing louder the farther he got.

═══════════════

"Hi! Welcome to the coffee shop, what can I get for you?" Isla chimed once she heard the bell ring, she hadn't looked up yet.

When the person didn't say anything Isla looked up from the cup she had been washing. The cup that she just happened to be holding dropped to the floor and Isla cursed loudly.

"Here. Let me help." The person told Isla as he rushed over to help clean up the class, only for Isla to push him away with a shake of her head.

"I-I got it." The teenagers stuttered out.

"Fuck." Isla swore when a piece of glass pricked her finger.

"Your hurt, let me help. Please." Isla didn't want to, but she moved away from the glass so she could bandage up her bleeding finger.

Once all the glass was cleaned up, Isla took a few deep breaths to calm herself before turning to the man that had entered. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to apologize."

"I don't want it."

"That doesn't matter. I'm here now and I'm saying sorry."

"I don't want you a shitty apology."

"I am your father..."

"That doesn't mean I have to accept the apology, dad. Now leave, before I call the chief."

═══════════════
to any readers! hi!! I've just published a marvel (tony stark) fic! check it out along with my other books if you like!