sixteen ✓ ignoring isla

chapter ; sixteen

title ; ignoring isla

act one ; twilight

Before the thunder rolled around, it was slightly sunny with a small sprinkle. But more importantly, it was calm.

Isla talked with Alice, and Alice talked to Isla. It had been a few days since the meeting in the woods and both girls were starting to accept the fact that they were starting to become something more than friends. And more importantly, Isla was coming to terms with the fact that Alice — Alice and her family were vampires.

Isla, who is still grounded had to walk to school, in her pyjamas since she had forgotten to do her laundry. And on top of that, her alarm hadn't gone off, making her late for school. The teenage girl had skipped breakfast too. ( but Alice knew that and had stuffed granola bars into the dirty blonds locker before she left town. )

Still in her PJ pants and a hoodie she had thrown on (which was stained from top to bottom with paint, coffee, really anything ) and her hair had been pulled into a very messy bun, Isla walks closer to the school.

The whole parking lot erupted into whispers as Isla—who was dressed in a very odd outfit for school, with really messy hair—walked up to the school doors. They act as if no one has ever worn pyjamas to school. The bell rang and off Isla went to class.

══════════

TEXT :

Isla — Hey Alice! how are you? You're not at school. (9:57 am)

Isla — Hey again. You missed health and your brother missed gym. Are you guys okay? (10:32 am)

Isla — Hey. Again. Really, where are you? Are you okay? I'm worried. (11:00 am)

Isla — Bella isn't here either. Did you all just ditch? Please text me back, or call. (1:35 pm)

VOICEMAIL :

(1) "hey! it's me! I'm sorry I'm being clingy, it's just you are almost always here. and btw, our health teacher told me our assignment is due tomorrow."

(2) "hi. again. you haven't answered any of my texts and I'm just worried."

(3)  "no one answered any of my texts or calls."

(4)  "thanks for the granola bars. please call me back Alice. you always text me back right away, I'm a little worried still."

EMAILS :

Isla will @ forksmail.com
hey. it's 11 pm. it's dark out now. I asked my uncle if his dad showed up to work, he didn't. I'm going crazy thinking something bad happened to you. can you just contact me? — Isla.

Isla will @ forksmail.com
it's the next day. and still no word back. please be okay? because your Alice, and I'm Isla, but we're something even better together okay?

════════════

When Isla entered her last class, biology, there was a hardened glare set on her face. So far, she's had a horrible day. In her first few classes, she was bugged about what she was wearing, the teachers saying her outfit wasn't "appropriate" because pyjama pants are classy like jeans or leggings. In health, which she shared with Alice, she had found out that she had a project due the next day. (she hadn't even started.)

Isla huffed as she plopped down in her seat, and just like all her classes, Alice wasn't there.

════════════

Tobias, and Islas grandparents all walked into the kitchen, one after another. "Hey!" Isla cheered. She dropped the now dirty rag into the sink. Isla walked towards them, hugging each one. She moved away from the kitchen and towards the living room where board games were set up.

Isles fuzzy socks slid against the floor as she entered the living room, the girl turned around to face her family "Game night?" everyone nodded.

"We have a monopoly, scrabble, and anything that has to do with a deck of cards."

Everyone's eyes landed on the game of monopoly, it hadn't been played for a few years. The box had a layer of dust settled on it. "Monopoly." Islas grandparents spoke in unison.

The game took a few minutes to set up. Islas grandfather was the banker and a player, which wasn't fair but no one would argue. His player was the silver top hat. Islas grandmother was the dog, well Tobias was a shoe and Islas was the duck, her favourite.

The game went on with no problems until Isla landed on Tobias's property. Now Tobias was currently in jail and Isla found no reason to pay to stay in his home. "You in jail! You're a criminal. Why should I pay to live in a criminal's home!" Isla was almost ready to flip the table.

"That's not how the game works!"

"It is how it works now!"

"No, it's not!" Tobias yelled one last time. His eye locked onto her fists that were tightly enclosed together.

"Isla is—" The game was flipped and monopoly money went flying. It's safe to say that Isla got mad during monopoly.

They won't be playing that for a while.