twenty one ✓ broken pieces

chapter ; twenty one

title ; broken pieces

act two ; new moon

Alice faces off with Carlisle as the others watch on. Emmet sits next to Rosalie who seemsalmost irritated. Jasper isolates himself in a corner with Natalie.

"No. We promised Edward." Carlisle mutters.

"He - he can't decide if I am aloud to stay with my mate, my girlfriend, the light of my life!"

"Alice." Carlisle sighs.

"And Bella, she won't do well without us. I get flashes of her, but they're unclear." Alice didn't know it yet, but Bella would be okay. In great time of course.

"Forget her, let's drag Edward home." Rosalie snarks fiercely.

"He'll come back when he's ready. After Bella moves on."

"Yes. When she's living her life, safe from danger."

"You mean safe from us." Jasper looks to Carlisle as Natalie wraps an arm around Jasper, soothingly.

"And when will that be?" Rosalie says pointedly to Alice, mad that her sister was still in contact with her human mate.

"Can you see him, Alice?"

They all turn to Alice as she closes her eyes, trying to get a lock on Edward and what he's decided. "The only decision he's made... is to be alone."

══════════

"Alice!" Isla cheers looking right to the vampire who's sitting on her bed. Over Thursday Isla would make the drive out to the Cullens house, the one hidden in the thick trees.

"Issa!" Alice jumped off the bed — the bed she had gotten for Isla.

The two embraced each other in a hug and Isla struggles to let go, not wanting to be apart from Alice again.

"Let me tell you about my day!"

══════════

Bella and Isla exit the Swan home to find Charlie out by the street, pushing trash into the bins. Hes talking with their neighbor, Bob Marks, who is also attending to his trash: two old, beat up motorcycles.

"It's about time you got rid of those, Bob. Seen one too many bikers smeared on the highway." Charlie lectured.

"Save the lecture, Chief. Soon as the garbage truck hauls 'em off, you and my wife can rest easy." Bob starts. "Oh, hey, what's the word on that bear problem? Folks are saying they're huge."

"That's just talk..." Charlie gets distracted as he watches Bella walk to her truck, head down.

The Swan daughter was still down, her heart still broken into pieces that Isla was helping pick up and glue together.

Bob sees the teenager, "How you doin' there, Bella?"

Bella, who's in her own world doesn't respond. Bob gives Charlie an understanding shrug and heads off. Leaving the father daughter duo alone.

A yellow Volkswagen pulls up in front of the houses. Isla driving.

"I'm here to pick up Bella, chief! We're gonna do some shopping and go see some gory, gross, zombie movie."

Charlie sends Bella a glance, the thought of sending Bella to his ex-wife disappearing. "Have fun girls."

══════════

"I don't get why are there so many zombie movies." Bella muttered as her and Isla left the theatre.                                     
"It's preparing us for the end of the world." Isla does dramatic jazz hands and Bella glances at her.                                           
"How 'bout a ride, girls?" A man across the street calls out.

Four dirty, rough looking guys stand out front next to their motorcycles. They're in  the shadows and Isla and Bella can't see their faces.

A chill goes down Islas spine, she freezes as she looks at the guys across the street.

"Don't do anything stupid Issa."
"Move, Bella."

The two teenagers whip around as their minds play tricks on them. The illusions stand there, ones an lover, and ones an ex-lover.

Isla pulls at her arm, but Bella shakes her off lightly. "I want to see something." The heart broken human mutters.

Much to Islas frustration, Bella begins to cross the street toward the Guys, frightened but drawn. "Alright, we got a taker." Isla takes a step, knowing she can't let Bella do whatever she's going to do alone.

"Turn around, Bella.
This is dangerous."

Edward appears once again. When Bella steps backwards Edward fades into dust, when she steps forward and then he appears again.

"Stop. Now."

Bella's almost smiling as she reaches the guys, finally able to see them clearly and stops, realizing they aren't the ones that pushed her and Isla around the one night.

"You're not them." Bella breathed out.                                
"We'll be whoever you want, honey." One of the guys mutter as Isla steps forward to stand beside Bella.

"Issa, please. Turn around."

Another guy pulls up right next to the teenagers on his motorcycle. He extends his hand to help Bella onto his bike. She seems to hesitate. "Ready for a thrill ride?"

"Walk away. Go."

Bella climbs on to the back of the bike. "I can break promises, too."

"Okay..."

"Bella!" Isla calls after her friend. "Aw, fuck." She whips around to face someone else in a bike. "You! We're gonna follow them."

An older man helps Isla onto his bike, once she has her arms around his torso, the bike lurches forward, going way too fast. As the wind blasts her hair back, she realizes this might have been a           
mistake, following Bella.              

"Wait!" Isla screeches but the guy doesn't hear her and makes the bike go faster.                                             

Edward stands in road, directly in Bella's path, more clear than ever. The bike's headlight illuminates him, racing toward him — and for a moment, Bella thinks he's real. "Stop! Stop!"

The bike abruptly pulls up to a stop and Bella scrambles off. "Hey, I didn't force nothing on you."

The bike Isla was on comes to a stop and she scrambles off to grab Bella and bring her into her arms.

"Why'd you do that?" Isla questions softly.

"I... saw something."

"That's okay. It happens. Just let me know the plan next time? That way I don't go around pointing at older men to let me on their motorcycles."