25. It's Me

_______________

Bailey's POV:

I sat between Carmen and Skylar in 6th period trying to focus on what's being presented by the teacher but these two won't stop bickering with one another and it's driving me crazy. "Why do you have a problem with me?" "I don't have a problem with you." "Yes you do, you keep rolling your eyes at me every time I talk to Bailey." She hasn't called me Beans all day, "I do not, you're overthinking it." "Really I'm overthinking it." "Will you two please shut up." I demand looking at them and they look at me shocked, I'm not one to demand anything out of anyone but these two are starting to become a pain. "We're sorry Bailey." They say at the same time and I go back to my notes, great I missed a slide.

"I'll just go, this class is boring anyway." I hear Skylar say and I watch her get up leaving the class without a word or a glance at me, okay I'm not okay with this. "Oh good, now she can stop disturbing us." Carmen scoffs and I shoot my head to her, "I thought you were okay with Skylar?" I ask her and she slightly shrugs her shoulder, "Yeah I'm okay with her, that doesn't mean I'll get along with her." She clicks her pen and I raise my hand, "I need you to be more than okay with her Carmen, I don't want you two to keep bickering because it's getting tiring." I start getting frustrated, "Yes Bailey?" The teacher points at me, "Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask and she nods her head. I bolted out of the classroom and I look down the vacant halls trying to find Skylar.

"Skylar!" I whisper loudly fast-walking down the hall not seeing her but then I see someone walk outside in the courtyard towards the student parking lot and I go through the double doors, "SKYLAR!" I call her out and she turns around. "What's up with you today?" I ask her and she avoids eye contact, "Skylar." I cross my arms, "Nothing is up with me today." She responds back, "You're lying to me." I point out, I can see right through her, "I'm not lying." She sighs, "Really you're not lying to me? Bullshit Skylar, I know you are ever since first period you've been acting like I don't exist like right now you're not even looking at me, what's wrong? I know something is wrong. Did I say something? Or do something wrong? Is it because of this morning when I was flirting back?" Was I right about my feelings for her, that I shouldn't have any at all?

"No it's not any of that, I'm just stupid that's all Bailey." She continues to look down, "Like that you keep calling me Bailey, what happened to Beans, I frankly like being called Beans. Something is up because this is the first time I've seen you like this. Was it last night? When you were at my house, was it that?" I ask, "Bailey, it's not you okay I promise it's not and it's stupid it really is and it's nothing." She turns back around and I step in front of her holding her shoulders trying to prevent her from moving any further.

"It's something, stop trying to be distant from me. Please?" I look at her and she looks at me, "Bailey-" "No stop with the Bailey. Stop calling me Bailey. I want you to tell me what's wrong or so help me next time I go on your bike I will not put on a helmet." I threaten it's not a very good threat but it's the only thing that I think she'll listen to.

"You will always have a helmet on if you're riding my bike." She points at me and I let go of her, "I won't." I advance, "Beans you will always wear a helmet whether if you like it or not." She holds onto my shoulders, "No, you won't listen to me so I won't listen to you. So if you want me to wear your duck taped helmet then you better give me an answer. I won't ask again Skylar." I furrow my eyebrows and she takes her hands off me, "You can be scary." She whimpers, "Yeah I can be, Carmen learned the hard way and so will you, so spill?" She now knows that she can't beat me.

"I just- I don't know. I don't know how to explain it but I'll tell you when I can." She sighs, "You promise?" I ask her holding up my pinky finger and she looks down at it, "I promise." She wraps her pinky around mine and we shake on it.