Chapter 11 | Training

⭐ Leona's POV⭐

I mentally groaned for the millionth time remembering how I hugged Rafe earlier that night. That was a dangerous thing to do, I shouldn't have done that because... because...it reminded me of a small incident that happened seven years back.

I had forgot about it and everything related to it but now everything comes rushing back and my stomach churned with nervousness remembering if that thing happened with me again, then I will be in deep trouble and I don't know whether this time I will be able to get out of it or not without getting hurt badly.

I was brought out of my thoughts as the elevator dinged and I stepped inside his penthouse with him behind me.

He was making me nervous...he didn't even say anything till now yet I was feeling very nervous.

It's okay...I can deal with this...

Trying to avoid him for sometime, I promptly walked up to my room and shut the door, taking in a deep breath to calm myself down.

Since it was about bed time, I changed out of my dress and into my night dress and scrolled through my phone to distract myself before I go to his room.

Finally gathering some courage, I went to his room and as usual he was there, standing in front of the mirror and brushing his hair.

Silently, I walked over to my side of the bed and sat down on the edge of it when he asked, looking at me through the mirror. "So...you are scared of butterflies?" And put down the hair brush.

I shrugged. "Yeah...I have a phobia of them...since always..."

"Hmm...but they are beautiful creatures...so colourful and gorgeous..."

"So what if they are beautiful...", I said playing with my fingers, "it doesn't matter that all things that are beautiful on the outside, are the same on the inside..."

My lips itched to curl up in a smile. "Besides...someone once told me that if a man only loves you for your outer beauty then you should tell him to fuck off."

Rafe turned around and chuckled softly. "Hmm...sounds like an intelligent person..."

I got up and walked closer to him. "Actually, he's a complete idiot, but for the first time in his life he said something worth listening to."

He took a step closer, a smirk forming on his face. "You still remember it?"

I rolled my eyes, taking a step closer and smiled. "Of course I do. I don't have a bad memory."

He lifted his hand and gently brushed a strand of stray hair behind my ear, whispering softly, "Leona..." His eyes roamed my face, settling at my lips for a second.

There was this voice, somewhere deep inside, urging me to close the gap between us and kiss him, do what I have been craving for, for such a long time.

And I took a step closer as his palm cupped my cheek, his thumb brushing against my lower lip and for a fleeting moment, my eyes closed.

My stupid, fucking heart was chanting, "Please kiss me." Or, "Kiss him."

"Are you expecting a kiss, Mrs Andrews?" I heard him say, his tone laced with amusement.

My eyes snapped open and I took a step back as he smirked and I cursed at myself.

What the fuck just happened?

I turned around to walk towards the bed and he said, "You didn't answer my question, Leona." The way my name rolled off his tongue in a seductive way had me clenching my legs.