Chapter 31: Snap out of it!

Kaga: What?! Say that again?

Ryuushou: Kaga, please calm down!

Kaga (LR): Why are we skipping the search?

Souryuu: We are ending our search for Akagi, effective immediately. We have no choice but to fall back to base.

Souryuu: We must leave this place at once and return to Sakura Empire headquarters.

Kaga (LR): Leaving someone you love behind... That's not right...

Kaga: Unacceptable! Akagi is our flagship!

Kaga: There is no way I will allow you to leave her behind!

Ryuushou: Oh dear...

Souryuu: Like you said, we have lost our flagship, and the mass-produced Sirens are not functional either. Our fleet no longer has the ability to continue this operation.

Souryuu: We must leave this place, as we cannot risk the entire fleet of Akagi.

Kaga (LR): Oh... (Now I felt bad attacking their base.)

Kaga (LR): (Also, where's their Amagi? No I'm getting really suspicious with the whole fiasco right now.)

Kaga: Souryuu... You...! *She falls to her knees*

Ryuushou: Kaga!

Kaga: Dear sister... Dear sister Akagi... *Cries in pain*

Kaga (LR): *Begins to shed a tear*

Hiei: Kaga (LR) why are you crying?

Hiryuu: Huh? Kaga (LR)? You are crying as well.

Kaga (LR): Nothing... It's just bad memories...

Souryuu: What else can we do...?

Hiryuu: Dear sister... Souryuu.

Kaga (LR): (Akagi (LR)... I remember those times I cried when you are lost.)

Kaga (LR): (I need to be alone for a while, I hope Azur Lane is safe.)

Meanwhile for Azur Lane...

Helena: We've tracked down the main Sakura Empire fleet.

Cleveland: So... we have to do this...? To fight?

Prince Of Wales: We have no choice. The power of the Sirens that they control is too dangerous. If we let them go, this situation might have been far worse.

Hornet: There's... no other way... This is war.

Ulsan: I'm not going to fight the Sakura Empire. We had enough shells to fire at them.

Chau: Truth to be called, they have the power to control the Sirens, but I guess not.

Ma Kong: Only Akagi and Kaga control the Siren ships, but others will just join them to do the dirty work instead.

Luna: This is war, all over again. After all, we have a mission in our hearts and our allies, to reunite the nations, reunite the factions, as the looming shadow of Arbiter has come.

Philippine Sea: This is why we want peace, but there's no way to obtain it, either by peace or by force, there is no other way to avert the choice to end a conflict.

Meanwhile for the Sakura Empire...

Hiryuu: It seems that they're not letting us slip away freely.

Souryuu: On our current state, we can't take combat on them, as it would give more casualties than before.

Hiryuu: Well, dear sister Souryuu, please command Retreat. I'll pull Azur Lane away from us.