REBORN AS A CANNON FODDER?!

▔▔▔▔▔
▔▔▔▔▔

Episode 1 | His POV

I have come to realized that I got reborn as a cannon fodder in an otome game I played in my previous life!

And to top it all a male at that?!

In my previous life I was girl of 17 age, lonely and no friends, divorced parents and living only with my old nana.

I was not good at making friends and was antisocial.

Everyone thinks I'm cold and aloof because I rarely smile or just never smile at all. I've pretty much put on a stoic face all day that maybe even that slightest bit of what they called 'happy emotion' is out of it.

I spoke few words only when needed, and that's all.

At home my nana would come look after me, probably the only person who only cares for me and not leave me behind like my parents.

The only person whom I've come to learn atleast to smile a bit and talk alot of things of the events that happened in my life. She was the only one to solely listen and give me advices how to deal with them. I'm so greatful for her.

Speaking of associates, or what they called 'FRIENDS' I got my own.

Although its different atleast it helps me settle all my boredom, stress, the anxiety and loneliness.

Reading novels, manhwas, mangas and playing otome games are my 24/7 friends that accompanied me through my boring life.

Hardly, I always stay put inside my comfortable room filled with them and elusively avoid meeting the shining sun outside with its bustling crowds.

Even then, it was the only thing that gives me comfort through my hardest and depressed time.

Nana would often bought me some of her found collective otome games from a small store, a 4 blocks away from our house and would try cheering me up.

She was very supportive of my everyday usual routine and understood what I'm going through.

Now then,

With my current situation and how I found out and how I died?

In my last life I was diagnosed with a severe case illness and was only months away before I die because it wasn't prevented early. With little money we couldn't buy everything I need and Nana was already old to work and I worried she might get sick if she exhaust herself for the sake of me.

Nana would supervise me in the hospital while I maintain to atleast lessen the nervousness as I remember my last months of living in this world.

Rather than trying to think positively of hope I knew I got none, based on the doctor's reaction my misfortune was on foot and I'm short away to die, even Nana was saddened and depressed that I had to comfort her this time. She tried calling my parents though but they turn a deaf ear on it, as if they had no daughter in the beginning.

The reason I didn't like them either, because they didn't care and only cared for themselves and their own happiness, what a bunch of asshats.

To survive the brimming loneliness in the empty room of the hospital I decided to open my phone and thought of downloading a new otome game whilst waiting for my nana to come back.

Then 『 Magnificent Scarlette 』 came to view, it was a nice title and the characters in the game were also top-notch and eye-looking.

I decided to give it a try and see what the game got.

Who would have thought I'd get addicted to it fast!

The interference and the game settings of the otome was amazing and easy to grip.

But what made me continue was my new comfort character, the Villainess.

Yes it sound absurd but she was my favorite in the game.

She was elegant despite all the capture targets hating her.

The otome game also let's me choose my own character, so be it the female lead herself, the malelead or an extra I can choose my very own character and play in the game.

I can also choose whether to side with the main characters or to side with the antagonist characters, in this option I choose the latter, simply because the villainess herself is with this category and I want to be there for her

The downfall was that the game wouldn't let us or me win if I choose the latter's option. So I got to witness my comfort character dying in the main characters hands, which made me utterly upset.

I tried to save her multiple times in every different routes but it always end up her being dead in the end.

I was very sad for my villainess and it was as if the game developers themselves doesn't want the villainess to live with consideration but utter tragic ending!

Sadly I had to stop playing the game, hopelessly.

My illness got worst day by day then in a blink of an eye I find myself reborn!

I didn't even noticed I died! and it took me days before I got to settle my heart from this shockable truth, that I was reborn but in a body of a male character!

I was not use to living in a different body with a different gender and I had to blink or slap myself if I was dreaming or not. Hardly, I was not dreaming at all.

It was real and I was real.

▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬

Thanks for reading!