ABRASIVE MEETING

Episode 10 | THIRD POV

"If you want to play William, then this is not your place to loiter around and messing with somebody's work" Hazen spat sternly

Ispenel who just arrived froze from his spot as if his soul just left.

'Y-young master, how can you say that to the future emperor!'

"Impatient are we? Alright, the reason I came unannounced because I have a discussion with the Duke"

Hazen furrowed his brows

"Unfortunately the person your looking for right now is not here. Father has a mission in the village south due to a sudden appearances of a group of bandits"

"Ahh, I heard of that. It was one of the reports I received as of present. It seemed that the Duke has taken it to himself to investigate the case?" William responded coolly.

"Yes. The emperor gave the mission just yesterday and father left early this morning. If you want a meeting with father then take an appointment with his assistant so you and father can discuss whatever you two needed to discuss after his mission in the village south"

Hazen replied professionally.

"I'll take that in mind"

"I doubt you'd do it"

William laughed in bemused

"Aren't you curious what I'm about to discuss with the Duke? You yourself is the heir, and while the Duke is away then it can be taken to account that your a temporary Duke in this state for now? Isn't it?" William tilted his head in a sly manner.

'Damn it'

Hazen cursed inwardly. He didn't want anything with the male lead infront of him.

But hearing his point made him want to just punch the hell out of the person in front of him.

It was a provocation.

William was much looking for a reaction but Hazen will not give him that satisfaction.

"William, if you think that by provoking me will give you that satisfaction then your wrong. However I admit that your correct with the 'temporary Duke' part but that doesn't mean that your business with the Duke can be handled by me. Nonetheless I can give the the Duke a brief explanation if you are willing to discuss the matter to me"

"Of course, the subject of this matter cannot be taken lightly. But since you refuse to take a part in it, I take that your just a scaredy cat." William didn't budge by his obvious rejection.

"Its either that your deaf or pretending not to know, like I said I won't handle that matter since this content includes the head of the Ducal house and the emperial family however I did say I would regard the concern and will brief the Duke and the Duke himself will perceive the discussion with you, crown prince"  Hazen told while barely holding his patience.

"Hahaha, still grumpy I see"

"I wouldn't if it wasn't for an igsinificant gnat flying by"

The two males, one enjoying the temperament of the other while the other barely holding himself not to lose against an enemy.

This was witnessed by Ispenel who could have intervened earlier if not by the tension of the atmosphere.

'They should seriously raise my salary if there a time I will die by this two' he cried sullenly ༼꒦ິɷ꒦ິ༽

"Oh well, since I took great measures to come here then why not?" 

William arrogantly spoke and made himself comfortable at his seat.

"As you have heard of the recent news, there are speculations of a possible threat in the empire. Since the latest scandal of the deceased earl's exploitation and colluding with a potential threat that could harm the emperial family and the empire, the emperor wanted to issue a look out, this means the Duke and I will be tasked to go on a full investigation against this certain threat"

William declared seriously.

Hazen nodded deeply.

If this was in the game, the plot would have reached a certain point where a hidden villain is revealed yet furtively.

Presently, since the time of the game started at the beginning then the certain flow of the plot would have changed in a specific degree.

"It could have been of a higher rank" Hazen told

"Maybe, but I doubt the threat would likely to expose theirselves if their existence is now exposed throughout the empire" William added.

"I see..."

Hazen hummed acknowledging William's point.

"Now that the matter is brought now, I seriously hope for the young heir to take the role along with me in this investigation but since you clearly and obviously rejected the proposal then I don't have a choice but to pair with the Duke"

"Its best that you do William, I have other matters to attend to and will not be of any help, that's why I rejected it quickly before you jump to conclusion." Hazen said unfazed by William's sly manner.

'No matter how of a male lead you are, your still a threat to my villainess' He thought grimly looking at the person in front of him.

"Well, I did my best to persuade you but its all for naught"

William laughed upon receiving Hazen's cold look.

"The subject will be brief to the Duke, rest assured he will be inform of the matter"

Finally Hazen brought out the last words before standing up from his seat.

"Since you clearly have no other reasons to stay here its best that you return to the emperial palace , William."

William followed suit

"Yeah, yeah, I expected this treatment from you, sheesh what a harsh Duke you are in the future" he mocked while running away from Hazen's oppressive aura.

Hazen didn't bother to bid goodbye and expected the crown prince's carriage to leave.

The atmosohere began to return to normal after the crown prince departure.

Hazen then returned to his office with Ispenel in tow.

Right when they arrived did Ispenel bothered to speak.

"Young master if you keep treating the future emperor like that it will cause bad relationship in the future"

"So?"

"Aren't you worried that the crown prince will use that advantage to you?"

"I fear nothing, much less an annoying gnat" Hazen spat before collecting the document he was about to work on if it wasn't of a certain guest.

Ispenel sighed, resigning himself to his future self

'Whatever may be, just raise my salary in this' he earnestly prayed.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter updated!
Poor Ispenel༼⊼ɷ⊼༽