VILLAINESS AND THE CANNON FODDER

Episode 7| HER POV

IT has been a week since father fought against the Earl's and the manor has never been this so loud.

"Miss, the Marquis and Marchioness are leaving for a pre-trial in court today" Sophia informed as she placed the pastries and tea in the table.

I hummed. Of course they will. In my previous life this was supposed to happened when I was convicted for treason and murder. They accused me for their sins and had my tongue cut off.

This time I will not be lenient and give them the best parting gift while I leave this damn place.

"Are things going well as planned?"

"Yes Miss, things went well according to your plan"

That's good. In just a month I'll be able to escape from here and live a normal life out from this disgusting empire.

I nodded at her response and was about to pick up the teacup when I heard a familiar sound

Tok-tok-tok-tok-tok-tok 

This?!

I immediately swift my head to the familiar sound and gasp as soon as I saw it.

It can't be?

Sophia look confused at my actions but I ignored her and quickly stood up and walk towards the window. I hurriedly opened the window and was greeted by the sight of a familiar bird.

How can I forget??

Twit! Twit!? Twit!

A beautiful hummingbird with its beautiful bluish color.

"Oh my?! What a beautiful bird! It must have been wounded since its limping"

Now did I realize that the little hummingbird was hurt, I got carried away.

"Sophia bring me some warm towel and medicine" I told not taking my eyes of it.

Sophia nodded her head and left the room to get the necessary things.

"H-Hello?" I stammered gently picking up the humming bird.

The bird didn't ran away neither did it flew however it snuggled in my hands as if it knew me for a long time.

Twit! Twit! Twit!

How did it end up here?

"Little guy, where's your owner? Your hurt. I bet some people were trying to hunt you huh?"

I spoke in a subtle voice, this little hummingbird was my friend in my past life. It was given as a gift by someone and that someone I knew too well.

I couldn't even say a proper goodbye.

Twit? Twit? 

The little hummingbird tilted its head in a cute way and I couldn't help but caressed it gently from the head.

"I bet your master is worried about you right now"

Twit! Twit! Twit!

As if it understood me, it shook its head aggressively.

I chuckled, it was really similar to him.

"Hazen" I muttered longingly.

I regretted not coming with him and escape but even then that bastard of a crown prince would find a way to find me and destroy both of us.

"Miss I got the towel and some medicine tools and ointments"

Sophia announced as she closed the door back feebly.