STEP UP THE GAME

Episode 19| THIRD POV

The carriage left after the tense, heated event. However, the Marquis was not on his right mind after the sudden words the young master had told him.

"I'm aware, remember that."

What did he mean by that?? What was he aware of that he doesn't? Or did he actually know something?

The Marquis was beyond anxious and agitated that the moment he returned to his office he thrashed the first thing he could see and made a scene.

The Marchioness who followed behind flinch but she was not in a good condition either.

Both of them were upset and embarrassed.

"All of this is because of your damn incompetence! " The Marchioness angrily pointed.

"Yeah, like you aren't in this too! " he argued.

"Well, who do you think started all of this huh? You blame me?! Ha! " She scoffed rolling her eyes at him.

He grinded his teeth hearing her reply.

"Shut up! If it wasn't for your damn incompetent wrench of a daughter, none of this would have happened" he screeched, uncontrollable anger laced in his tone.

The Marchioness crossed her arms in displeasure.

"Here you are again! Blaming this and that as if we haven't suffered enough! The young heir was clearly waiting for you! Yet here you are with your damn mouth finding fault at others!" she hissed back.

The Marquis wasn't able to contain his anger and grab the vase in front of him before throwing it to the ground.

The whole room echoed in deep chaos.

"How was I supposed to know?! That damn punk decided to come at the worst time!"

"Apparently the young heir did!" she scoffed before taking out a piece of paper from her pocket and giving it to the Marquis.

"There was already a noticed a head of time of his arrival. The butler gave this to me earlier, before everything of this mess happened. The butler had already informed you fool! Yet you choose to ignore it!"

The Marquis scanned the paper before him, a clear written of advance noticed of the arrival of the young Master Freitscheid. He tore the paper into pieces.

"Now you blame me? Ha!" The Marchioness muttered seeing the state of her angry husband.

"Enough!. That punk said something other than humiliating me in my own house!" he lashed.

"So what?? It was your fault to begin with." she said rolling her eyes. She walked towards the couch and made herself comfortable.

"The young master knows something" he told her ignoring her words.

"Right before he took off, he left with a warning, something along the line that his aware"  he bit his lip, a frown across his face.

The Marchioness glance at him with a disturb look.

"That couldn't be. You made it sure none of our tracks can be trailed."

"Of course I'm meticulous! I made it sure that everyone who has allied on this plan shut their mouths!" he stomped with an irritated look. Migraine were starting to cloud his mind.

"I made it so sure, check everything and even eliminated those who seeks to betray!"

"Then how could the young master know your plans then?!" she questioned, another stress adding to her already worn-out mind.

"That's what I've been thinking!, it seems that we have to stop the plan and initiate another strategy to divert his attention" he thought, he was already thinking of various ways to create a plan to deflect the attention of the young duke or else his years of planning will be foiled by a mere punk!.

Suddenly the eyes of the Marchioness lit up. A mischievous grin plastered on her face.

"I have an idea." she told, looking at the stressed man across her with an evil glint.

The Marquis glance at her with a scrunch face.

"Pray tell and what is it??" he huffs.

"The young master has taken interest with that cursed thing. If you know what I mean..." she smirked.

Upon realizing her thoughts, Marquis Rochedale bellowed a laugh.

"Ah what a crazy plan indeed." he took a step and brush the hair out of her face.

"You have a use afterall" he muttered.

Both of them sat in silence with devious plans. It was to Step up the game and initiate the in-coming destruction of another target.

______________
_________
Hello! Its been a while since I updated this novel. However today, I decided to write this chapter and more will come soon! :))
How are y'all btw??