ENGAGEMENT ?

Episode 3 | HIS POV

Previously ...

Engagement?

This is what his troubling about?

In this time of era, boys between ages 15-16 are already in the marriageable age.

But its good that he mentioned it. 

I have already someone in mind. But to mentioned it today? What got him thinking?

"I suppose so father" I answered.

"Good. Your mother and I have been discussing this lately and we've already listed a good amount of marriage noble candidate daughters from noble families. But this will be of your choosing and liking, if you have someone in mind then let me know and we'll settle an appropriate time and meeting for both parties" he said monotonously though his eyes said otherwise.

Really, I'm curious, the flow of the game didn't revert this time and actually shouldn't I be focusing on working as a better apparent heir of the household?

Although he was considerate of my feelings of choosing my own bride.

"I appreciated father and mother for thinking this for me but If I may?..."

"Yes?.."

"Pardon me of my rudeness father, to be frank what got you and mother think of this time?, shouldn't I be focusing on becoming a better heir?"

"As expected, I know you'd asked this, to answer your question. This wasn't my idea but your mother's  she had been demanding to have a daughter in-law so she could have someone to accompany in our ducal house. I know it sounds illogical but  she said that since the both of us have been busy all the time she'd been vying to have someone and entertain her"

I snorted, so this was the reason? I couldn't helped but escape a chuckle.

I agree, She was the duchess and as such she also had the role to look after the house managements, but often times if she got free time in herself she had no one to accompany her, neither I or the Duke could entertain her with our busy schedules. Although she understand our situation but the Duchess would feel lonely sometimes, that I myself couldn't handle but pity her.

If I manage the villainess to become my fiancee she will only become my mother's entertainment, ha. Sighed. But isn't this a good thing?

The villainess could used this excuse as a form of a filial daughter in-law visiting her mother-in-law.

But, will the villainess accept my engagement proposal?

The villainess in the game had a very rough childhood, and as of now she's already at the marriageable age but no suitors visited nor came to propose to her, but I will.

I know this will cause an uproar, an influential family proposing to a mere marquis family but who could stop me? Afterall she's the villainess I've been dying to save in the game all the time but end up her dying every single time!

I will not allow that!

"If that's the case then, I feel sorry for mother that I couldn't accompany her all the time, if she wish to have a daughter in-law then I had already someone in mind" I told with a clear voice.

"It may sound f-wait, are you sure Zen?" his next words were cut off fast to my statement even using my nickname at that.

"Yes father, this will come as a compensation and maybe to actually have a female family to welcome in our state. Actually she's really good and I would like you to agree with this father"

"You speak full of reassurances as if you already knew this woman, is that why you didn't accept the lists of candidates earlier?"

Ah, he noticed that?

He was right, I didn't. I knew that in one of those lists would be the heroin, as she was a good candidate to become my fiancee but I'd rather prefer my villainess over a bee. No offense but the heroin caught too many flowers and I'd rather prefer the latter.

"Yes."

"Well then, I will need the name of this preferred candidate of yours and will set a time and date for both parties to meet"

I nodded and told him my specific choosen.

I bid him goodbye and left his office before he will call me to actually need my help over the documents. Seriously, I need a break from those horrendous paperworks!

Villainess! Here I come!

▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂

Chapter update