Chapter 8

Soon Sai came out of her vanity as she couldn't get herself to stay inside as the image of VC and the new girl floated in her mind. Each second that she spent in the vanity she felt like VC would be spending that second with her.

She went to the set and saw VC sitting in a chair and working on his lines. She felt relaxed seeing him alone and busy with his script. She decided to read her script on the set too as being inside the vanity was not helping her anyhow to concentrate. Here at least she would be assured and would be able to concentrate.

"Hey, you... Get me a chair... and yes a juice too..." Sai's temper mostly remained on a high but today she was in a devil mode.

The spot boy gave her a chair instantly and in no time all her necessary items were all around her. She looked around satisfied and started to read her script.

Soon Sai was lost in her script. The surroundings blurred for her and all that was on her mind was the script. After a good 20 minutes, Sai looked up as she completed her scene. She saw the preparations around her with scrutinizing eyes and took a sip. as she gulped down the juice her eyes fell on VC again sitting with the same girl. She felt anger gripping her heart. When the hell did she come here. I didn't even notice her and why is she with VC. She thought to herself. But Sai decided to stay where she was. It wasn't her to interrupt someone or stick to them. She sat there and glared at the two. VC seemed quite happy talking to her and this made her feel even more furious.

It felt like ages to Sai but in not more than 5 minutes VC looked her way. As soon as he saw her watching him his face got brighter. He gestured to her hello. Sai felt relaxed and happy. But for some reason she wanted him to come to her.

VC gestured to her something else which she couldn't understand. She made a confused face. One reason for that was also that she hoped he would come to her to convey his message. Much to her relief VC excused himself from the girl and walked to her.

"Hi... Great day right..." he said smiling at her.

"Yeah... Looks like it's much better for you" she said sarcastically.

"Yes of course... seeing you every morning what could be better than that" VC said flirtingly.

Sai almost blushed at that but she needed to dig out information.

"You are quite a flirt VC... Looks like you were doing the same with the girl there" Sai said a bit playfully so that he might not take it as being jealous.

"Girl...! Ohhh Jiya..." VC said as if he didn't even remember the girl he was sitting with just seconds back.

'So it is her... I can swear I could kill her...' Sai thought to herself.

"Jiya... Ohh... Is she your friend or sister... Came to see your shooting?" Sai asked acting innocent.

"You don't know... "He asked confused. "I think Neha hasn't briefed you yet." He said playfully.

{Poor Neha...! She did her job yet she was being blamed.}

"Why... Is it something I should know" Sai asked him acting as if she doesn't care and flipping through the pages of her script?

"She is the new actress... Here for Priya's role... You know Priya right?"

"Of course I know... I know what's in my story and my script.." Sai was annoyed with VC as he all the time thought that Sai would not have read her script or the story. "Okay... so she is the actress..." Sai nodded her head with narrowed eyes trying to securitize her.

"She was asking about you... She wants to meet you... but is a bit nervous... so she was asking me to introduce her to you... But then we saw that you were quite engrossed in the script so we waited for you" VC explained to her.