Chapter 13

" KAPOOR JI" Sai barged into his room.

"Yes, Sai... Now, what is it I can do for you?" He asked calmly as he was fully acquainted with Sai's anger.

"Why was I not informed of this...?" she asked with glaring eyes.

"What information?" He asked confused.

"That there is an outdoor shoot and I AM NOT GOING FOR IT!!" she almost screamed the last words with her hand up in the air in disbelief.

"Ohh that... " he said calming down.

"Why are you cooling down like that??" she said in disbelief.

"Actually Sai we were discussing the scenes and movie that day and we thought that we want a fresh location for these scenes. You know it would bring freshness." He tried to explain.

"And you are telling me this now? Is that all I mean to you? I had thought..." she said almost hurt but still not losing the anger from her tone.

"No Sai... It's not that... It was all decided so soon..." he tried to defend.

"you had time to inform the newcomers... I should have been in the meeting and I am the one being informed about it the last... oh wait correction- I have come to know about it... Not even informed..." she said angrily.

"Sai I am really sorry..." he tried to find words.

"Do you know Kapoor Ji, I had regarded you as a Father figure. You know how this industry works "No personal-Only Professional" but I had still maintained respect for our Personal relations. but I get this in return... such big decisions are being taken and I am not at all involved in it... Do you know how stupid I looked in front of him when VC told me that he has an outdoor shoot and I didn't even know of it " she said hurt?

"Listen Sai... You are taking it wrong. It's just that it all happened so fast.. we didn't mean it You are the leader. The movie is you.." he tried to practice his old trick helplessly.

"This won't work now Kapoor Ji. I know you do this to appease me. But that doesn't mean I would give in to it all the time. " she said with a stern and straight face.

"Sai, even you are a daughter to me. I have seen you growing up. I think I got a bit too comfortable with you. I didn't know you would get hurt like this. I am sorry..."

After a lot of pampering and explanations, Sai finally agreed to him.

"Would you mind having a break and going for the outdoor.?" He asked trying to make up for his mistake.

"Are you not going?" she asked confused.

"No Sai... I am not going that's why it all slipped my mind and I forgot to tell you. I had thought that we would complete your scenes here in the meanwhile." He said smiling and relaxed after Sai's assault.

"But why are you not going?"

"How can I go when my daughter is not..." he said smiling at her genuinely. Sai smiled back at him.

"But if you want, you can go. In fact, you should have a break. Really. I will just inform the production house about you" he said as he touched his pockets to feel for the mobile.

Now, this was of course a tempting offer for Sai. She wanted to go. She could be with her VC and also prevent Jiya from sticking around him. But Kapoor ji had stayed back for her and even he would have to face a loss of both time and money. She stood there trying to decide which way to choose.

"No!" she said as she saw him putting his cellphone to his ear.

"What?" Kapoor Ji looked at him confused.