chapter 12

MARCIE KEPT THE GUN AIMED AT THE KID AS THEY ENTERED THE OFFICE BUILDING AND T-DOG DRAGGED HIM TO A CHAIR

Once everyone was in there, she put the gun away. Rick checked on her wounded cheek, "You okay?"

She shrugged, "It's nothing. Glenn might be going through worse right now."

"Hey." Rick squeezed her shoulder, "That wasn't your fault."

"Shoulda fought harder." Marcie mumbled,

"We'll get him back." Rick told her before turning towards the kid, stepping in before he has to face the wrath of a Dixon, "Those men you were with, we need to know where they went."

"I ain't telling you nothing." The kid stated,

"Jesus, man. What the hell happened back there?" T-Dog asked, looking up at Daryl,

"I told ya, this little turd and his douche bag friends came outta nowhere and jumped us." Daryl paced behind the other men,

"You're the one who jumped me, puto, you and your little bitch, screaming about trying to find his brother like it's my damn fault." The boy scoffed,

"And this bitch has a gun so I would advise for you to stop with the bullshit." Marcie growled taking a step towards him but Vivian put a hand on her arm to pull her back,

"Do you even know how to use that?" Vivian asked quietly,

"No, but he doesn't know that." She mumbled,

"They took Glenn." Daryl reasoned, "Coulda taken Merle, too."

"Merle?" The kid chuckled, "What kind of hick name is that? I wouldn't name my dog Merle."

Daryl went to kick the kid, but Rick held him back, "Damn it, Daryl. Back off."

Vivian shook her head. At that age, she thought she was invincible, too. But in this day and age, people are just as dangerous as the living. There's no law to keep people from murdering you where you stand. And with a pissed off Dixon in his presence, he might just be as good as dead if he doesn't answer any questions.

Daryl moved to dig through Glenn's bag, "Wanna to see what happened to the last guy tha' pissed me off?" He took out the hand wrapped in the blue bandana.

Marcie shook her head, watching as he unwrapped the hand and threw it at the kid. It landed in his lap and once he figured out what it was, he knocked it to the ground and stood, backing away in fear.