chapter 107

BLOOD COVERED VIVIAN'S TORSO AS SHE WATCHED RICK BURY TYREESE'S BODY,

He had gotten bit at Noah's house, by his brother, and they cut his arm off to save him from infection. But the shock and the blood loss had gotten to him.

They tried getting him back to Sasha, back to all the others. But he passed quietly in the truck.

In her right hand, she held a toy airplane that the man had grabbed for Liam.

They had lost three people in a matter of days.

Vivian tried not to cry. They needed to be strong, for Sasha. For Daryl, for Maggie.

It had gone the way it had to... the way it was always going to.

The trucks had run out of gas and without a goal in sight, they wandered aimlessly around the woods of Virginia.

And it wasn't long before they ran out of water.

Vivian preserved hers for the kids, making her weaker a lot faster than the others. Rick forced her to drink some of his own, needing her to keep up.

They made frequent stops, some members separating to search for water or food.

Marcie would watch Daryl go, but didn't follow him as she usually did. He was beginning to lose hope like the others. And he needed time to himself.

It was early afternoon when they reconnected with no luck. The group continued on, walking on the pavement with the sun beating above them.

Carl walked next to Vivian, who was holding Liam's hand while Marcie carried Judith up ahead next to Daryl. She heard something coming from behind the group and turned to see a small herd heading towards them,

"We're not at our strongest. We'll get 'em when it's best." Rick responded, following her gaze, "High ground, something like that. They're not going anywhere." The leader turned to look at the hunter, "It's been three weeks since Atlanta. I know you lost something back there."

Judith made began to whimper in Marcie's arms, "She's hungry." Marcie mumbled, knowing Daryl didn't want to talk about Atlanta,

"She's okay." Rick took her from her arms, "She's going to be okay."

"We need to find water, food." Daryl grumbled,

"We'll hit something in the road." Rick looked up towards the blue sky, "It's gonna rain sooner or later."

"I'm gonna head out." Daryl handed Marcie her rifle back before heading towards the trees, "See what I can find."

"Hey, don't be too long." Rick warned him,