chapter 72

VIVIAN LEANED AGAINST THE TRUCK, HER GAZE GOING TO CARL EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE

They were about to go to Woodbury, to end it.

And Carl was sulking by the benches, wanting to go with. Hershel and Vivian tried her best to convince Rick not to let the kid go.

It had gone too far, too quick.

Daryl was ready to go, wanting to get to Marcie. She wasn't apart of the Woodbury group that had showed up to the prison, so that must mean she was still there, behind those walls.

Rick went over to talk to his son, handing her his rifle. She watched as he kneeled down to see his son's face as he spoke to him.

Vivian felt bad about yelling at Carl, but she knew he needed to hear it.

Now she was afraid he wouldn't forgive him.

Rick walked back over and Glenn and Maggie turned to him, "Rick, we're staying. We don't know where the Governor is. If he comes back, we'll hold him off."

"Just the three of us?" Daryl asked as he strapped the rifle to his back, "All right."

Rick turned to the newly engaged couple, "I appreciate you staying."

Vivian got into the passenger seat and Michonne got into the back. Carol opened up the gate and Daryl lead them out of the prison, and Rick drove behind.

"Do you think she's alive?" Vivian asked Rick,

"For Daryl and Carl's sake... I hope so." He responded, not looking over at her, "I don't think I can forgive myself if she doesn't make it."

"Neither can I." Michonne commented from the back seat.

They didn't get far down the road before they came across familiar vehicles that belonged to the Governor, abandoned on the side of the road. Both vehicles came to a stop and the four of them approached the scene slowly,

Bodies littered the field. A few had turned into walkers and had began feasting on the corpses. Michonne and Daryl went around, taking out any of the Woodbury people who had turned.

A thud caught their attention. In the large military vehicle, a woman had pressed her hands against the window. They all aimed their weapons at her and guided her out,

"He killed them." The woman stated, "He shot them all in cold blood."

The four of them exchanged looks. The Governor had officially snapped. He killed his own people.

They put the woman in the bed of the truck and headed towards Woodbury. The people there... they were innocent. They weren't apart of the Governor's schemes, and Karen defended them.