Changlix- Part 2

Continuation

•••••

They walked most of the way to the bridge again, using that place to rest a bit. The duo put the tree on the floor and Felix made sure the ropes were well tied as they put it next to the edge, against the bridge's covered in snow wall.

Felix sat down next to it, sighing as Changbin kneeled in front of him, taking his mask down.

There weren't a lot of people going that way, so they didn't really have to worry about covering themselves.

Changbin let the younger see his smile fully, finally, and Felix had one matching as he pulled his own mask down.

"I want to give it to you.", The older took a small box from his pocket. "It's nothing like, wow, you know? But it reminded me of you somehow and... I just really wanted to give it to you in a situation where you didn't just shrug it off as one more present among the member's.", he shrugged, clutching the box and biting his lip.

"Well, can I see it or are you keeping it?", Felix joked, lifting a hand to brush away the snow on his shoulders.

"I'm... god, what am I doing?", he chuckled, but it felt like a forced sound. "Look, I don't want you to get mad at me or weird with me, but, you remember what I said when we were just right here an hour ago?"

Felix recalled their conversations, nodding.

"You wanted to fall in love in Christmas."

"Yes, exactly, I didn't quite mean that?", it sounded like a question. "I meant that I want to be in love in Christmas, maybe like... tell that person I'm in love, during that time." Felix nodded, encouraging him to keep going. "And, well, this gift reminds me of you mainly because you remind me of Christmas."

Felix's throat was dry and his heart decided to jump, making gasp a bit.

"W-what?"

Changbin took a deep breath, the cold outside turning it into a cloud of smoke.

"You remind me of Christmas, ever since I met you. Your eyes remind me of the lights, your laugh of the carols, your smile reminds me of the happiness in all those tales, your voice somehow reminds me of Santa's hohoho and I hope this didn't sound too weird.", they both laughed, and Changbin's face was visibly getting red. "Your hair now, reminds me of snow.", he took the binnie away from Felix's head, a hand tangling on his messy platinum hair. "You remind me of what Christmas is supposed to be. Happiness, giving, memories." He cringed at himself, gulping."I fell in love with your Christmas cookies.", Felix rolled his eyes, making the shorter's smile widen before he let out another cloud of smoke. "I'm in love with Christmas, and it's because of you."

"Bin...", the taller whispered, moving his hand to brush the snow again. He took Changbin's hand that was in his hair and bit his lip, not knowing what to say. "I'm still confused about what you're saying, or why."

"I know. Here.", he gave him the box, and the taller didn't waste anytime to open it, gasping at the necklace inside. "You said you wanted a necklace that you could have always on, one that not even the stylists took away, like your thing, and well, I thought this could be our thing.", he pulled his collar down, showing the taller the exact same necklace hanging from his neck.

Felix smiled, pulling his out of the box and reaching out to touch the small pendant on Changbin's chest.

"It's... I- oh my god, Bin, they're so pretty.", he felt his hands shaking, moving to caress the older's face slightly.

When he tried to pull away, Changbin moved closer to him, blocking his hand against his face and taking Felix's necklace on his hand, hovering it over their heads.

"I also might have done it so I could always have an excuse, if things went well."

Felix felt his heart skip a beat.

"Excuse? For what?"

Changbin rolled his eyes.

"We literally just talked about the meaning of mistletoe, Lix. Please don't make me say it."

The younger smirked as he looked at the necklace, above them. The clear shape of a green and red mistletoe connected them now, hanging around their necks on a daily basis. He moved the hand Changbin had basically stolen to the back of the shorter's neck and pulled him closer, making him fall half on him half on the floor.

Closer.

He kissed his nose sweetly, smiling.

"I love the idea."

Changbin was the one who closed the gap, not dating to waste another second as he felt Felix's warm breath finally on him as he had always wanted to do.

He hummed against the kiss, keeping it simple, their lips dancing against each other in a passionate routine. Changbin let his hand get tangled again in Felix's soft locks and his lips curled up a bit at the feeling.

Arms hooked, never wanting return to reality, the two let go of any notion of the world to feel each other's silken lips, hearts hammering their chests at the simple beginning of a much beautiful future.

The pair got lost in time and space, their own bubble blocking the rest of the world away.

There was no tree, laying right next to them.

There was no music on the streets, no voices.

There were no people passing by, no rush or anything.

There was no snow covering their heads and bodies, no one to brush it away this time.

There was nothing but them, their warm hearts against the cold weather, the necklaces tingling against their skin, and the faint smell of Christmas homemade cookies, just like those Changbin had fell in love with.

—————

So this was it, this is the last short story of this book, and I hope you liked this small Christmas gift as well as I liked writing it :)

Listen to Christmas Eve(L) album a lot, eat a lot of sweats, enjoy being with the ones you love if you can.

Merry Christmas!

-8matryoshkas