7. a little warrior

Violet's POV:

I wake up panting. It's so hot in here.

I glance around, trying to understand where I am. Yesterday I was too tired to even talk, so two guards took me here.

Apparently I can't leave this huge house because if I do, a sick bastard will find me and kidnap me. How the fuck did I get to this point?

The sun is shining on half of the room, I get up and open the window. I walk towards the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror.

I don't know why I look different. Not physically different.

I'm in a sports bra and shorts, but someone left a couple of clothes on my bed. It's a pair of shorts but they're huge and of course a huge shirt too.

I change and exit the bedroom, two men waiting at either side of my door. They look down and start walking towards the stairs. It's a really big hallway, all white and clean.

We're now in a beautiful white kitchen, with a black island at the centre. It's so pretty and clean and classic but modern at the same time.
(if you couldn't imagine the kitchen it's okay, there's a picture at the end of the chapter)

The kitchen island is surrounded by chairs, and a few men are sitting there, including Jacob.
And Alex. I hate him.

I turn to leave but the two guards that brought me here are standing behind me, blocking the way. "You have to eat Miss, it's going to be a stressful day" one of them says and he's right. I can't make it without eating, so I sit on a chair, the one opposite Alex's.

He doesn't even look up at me, because he doesn't have the balls to face me right now. To explain everything.

"Good morning Violet" Jacob says smiling and I smile back at him, because after all he's the nicest person in this place "Good morning Jacob, how's Sil?" I ask and he takes a bite of his pancake "She's great, would you like to meet her in the afternoon?" he instantly understood what I wanted "Yes please" I say smiling and he nods "Of course" and we continue eating.

Alex still doesn't look at me. This fucker.

"Alex how are you?" I question out loud and he stops eating, gulping the last bite. He was damn wrong if he thought he could avoid this conversation. "I'm fine" he responds, drinking a glass of water and getting up. Not so fast boy.

"I'd like to talk to you, of course if you have free time in your busy schedule, or do you have another secret job?" I tease and he stops, finally looking at me.

His eyes are filled with calmness.
"Okay Miss Rodriguez, we'll talk. Meet me in the meetings room in 10" "Make it 5" I say getting up, going back to my room.

The two guards take me to the meetings room and I enter, sitting in one of the many chairs.
Alex comes in after 2 minutes, sitting on the other side of the table.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I immediately ask, trying to avoid silence at any cost.
"I couldn't. I can't go around and say 'Hey, did you know I work for the Italian Mafia?' " he sarcastically says. He thinks he's funny, well he's not.

"I didn't want you to tell me that, but you could've told me that I was in danger" I shout and he just looks at me.

"Sorry won't fix shit, but I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I'm sorry I kidnapped you and drugged you, and I'm sorry you had to find out this way. But this is me, Violet. I'm Jacob and Blake's cousin and I work for them. My job at Aurora Hotel is just a fake thing to cover up" I take in all the things he just said. I stay in silence, just processing his words.