32. you're playing with the villain

Violet's POV:

And suddenly I don't know what to say.

He doesn't seem to care about it, so whatever.

He doesn't try to explain himself, he doesn't say sorry. He doesn't say anything.

And it's only now, that I realise we were both wrong in different ways about what we did.

Because he thought he could fool me with that stripper, and I gave him what he wanted.

He gave up on us.

Couples fight, it's a normal fact. Sometimes one of the two could give up, but as long as the other one doesn't give up at the same time, the relationship is alive.

And that night we both gave up.

"Why are you here?" His voice interrupts my thoughts.

When I turn to look at him, his eyes are already fixed on mine.

I forgot about those blue eyes.

"I was invited." I say, now focusing my gaze on the view in front of us. He's still staring at me.

"I meant. Why are you here?" I can see his hand motioning the balcony. Oh.

"Just needed a little fresh air." I smile at myself. It was so stupid of me to think that the Devil still had feelings for me.

"Well," I push myself off the railing "I got what I wanted." I turn towards the glass door and reach the knob.

"Stay." He mumbles but I hear him.

My hand loosens around the knob and I turn back to him.

He runs a hand through his hair before looking at me.

His look killed me.

"You can't do this." I frown and he sighs.

"I know. Stay." He repeats, almost with a pleading look. His tone calm.

"Do you have any idea of what I've been through? It's been four months, you sick cold hearted bastard!" I begin to scream at him, yet he remained calm.

"I'm sorry." He looks down at his feet.

You are?

"I don't know that." I say, growing annoyed.

"I was worried about you, okay? I didn't know what to do so I let another woman touch me!" He's the one screaming now.

"Oh so another woman touching you was going to save me from guns, knives and Mafia people?" I shout back, stepping closer to him.

"No, but that would make you hate me, then you would leave me and live a happy and normal fucking life!" He towers over me, I remain unfazed by his screaming.

"I didn't ask you to give me a normal fucking life!" I look up at him with anger.

"You didn't ask to be in the fucking Mafia either!" I'm pretty sure everyone was hearing us, even through the music.

"Yeah, but guess what? I fell in love with a fucking Mafia Boss! Sorry, next time I'll ask my heart not to fall for you again!" I turn away from him and rub my forehead.

"Ti amo più di ogni altra cosa. Ti amo più di quanto Odisseo abbia mai amato Penelope. Qui, e sulla cazzo di luna. Ti amo." He speaks in his language, and obviously I don't understand a single word.

("I love you more than anything else. I love you more than Odysseus could ever love Penelope. Here, and on the fucking moon. I love you.")

I sigh and reach the glass door again, but his voice stops me again.