25. finally reunited

Violet's POV:

"You already did, piccola."

I'm staring at the sky. The stars are so pretty and the moon is beautiful, I could stand like this forever.

The parking lot is empty since everyone left, but I'm sitting at the edge of the cold surface of my car.

I know he's near me, he's looking at me. I can feel him.

"How's Marco?" I ask, still looking up at the sky.

I hear him walk closer, when he sits beside me and sighs "He never stopped talking about you."

Poor little kid should be 8 years old now, I really miss him.

"Why are you here, Blake? Why don't you leave me alone?" I question finally looking down and finding his eyes, his beautiful cold eyes.

"You know I can't." He grits his teeth, running a hand on his hair.

"Why?" I'm so desperate to know, I crave answers.

"It's been 2 years, Blake." He gazes up at me, I see a different emotion in his eyes. Is he... Is he holding back tears?

"You think I was okay after they took you?" He spits out with a harsh tone and an irritated expression.

"You think I could sleep at night, knowing you were with that bastard? Knowing you were in pain? That you weren't in my house?" He steps closer to me.

"Blake I-" "No, Violet. Do you know how desperate I was to find you? Did you know that I cried? I fucking cried." A single tear falls down his eye, my heart shattering at the sight.

"I couldn't sleep because my mind screamed 'Violet'. I couldn't eat because my stomach shouted your name. I couldn't talk because all I wanted to say, was your name." He shouts in front of me, almost breaking down.

"You said you hate me, right?" He asks and waits for me to nod, then continues "I hate you more."

And in that moment, four words repeatedly stabbed my heart.

But he goes on "I hate you because you made me hate myself for not being able to find you" He screams as if he still heard the music of the club.

"I hate you because I reunited the best Mafia team to find you." What?

"I hate you because when I finally found you, Silvia told me that you had run away." Do you think I was enjoying myself in that moment?

"I hate you so much because you didn't even try to call me." Because I couldn't, Blake.

He curses before caging me, his hands on either side of me while I'm still sitting on the hood of the car.

"But most of all, I hate you so much because I'm a liar." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, before he continues.

"Because I don't hate you, not at all. And I really despise myself for that. For not being able to hate you." He searches for something in my eyes as his words repeat in my head.

Because I'm a liar.

Because I don't hate you.

"Don't say that, you don't mean it." I manage to say when he doesn't continue. It was quiet now, almost as if we were in the middle of the desert.

My stomach felt sick, my eyes watery as I looked at the man in front of me.

After all we went through, he was now trying to tell me something. And that was the moment I knew.