Chapter 8: The Long Ride

{Valerie's POV}

After the scariest ride of my entire life, we finally made it to the store. I hurried inside, not even looking back at Charlie.

I went to the counter and subtly asked for George. "Elle left a package for me."

I took the goods and left to see that Charlie wasn't on the bike anymore. I was thinking of leaving without him when I saw that he was sharing a smoke with Nancy.

"Well well, What's up V?" Nancy said, puffing smoke out.

"Dalton, let's leave." I said sternly, "Now."

Nancy wrapped her arm around Charlie's and smiled at me maliciously.

I took the smoke from her mouth and pushed the burning end on the back of her hand.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She screamed, rubbing her hand.

"Are you done? Can we go now?" Charlie said, unphased.

I took Charlie's arm and we walked towards the bike, which he silently rode back home.

He stopped pedaling halfway to school.

"What are you out of gas or something?" I asked, annoyed, "Keep going."

He turned his head back and said, "Only if you tell me what's in the bag."

"It's no secret. It's just money, some clothes and a copy of my dad's signature." I said

"You going on the trip?" He asked.

"Of course. Although, I don't think you shouldn't go, preppy boys don't last long in New York." I said impatiently waiting for him.

"I wasn't gonna go but I am now. I'm gonna make sure you have the worst time ever." He said before continuing the journey back home.

I laughed at his joke.. He rode me home as recklessly as ever and the whole time I was trying so hard not to hold on to him too tight.

"Tell Neil, thanks for me, will ya?" I said as I ran back indoors leaving him to lock up the bike again.

Next Morning

"Here you go, Captain. My permission form."

Keating scanned the paper carefully and I saw something click in his eyes. He looked up and simply smiled and said, "Very well, Miss Chase. Thank you."

I sat back in my seat when I saw Dalton smirk at me as he walked over to hand his permission form in as well. "Glad you decided to join us, Dalton," Mr.Keating said.

"Couldn't last a single weekend without me could ya, Dalton?" I said conceitedly.

"Don't flatter yourself. I'm only going for the New York girls if you know what I mean?" He smirked and winked. Gross.

"You're not expecting to get laid with that sort of attitude are you?" I whispered back at him and gave an exaggerated laugh.

"At least I'll be getting more action than you, Virgin V." He retorted.

I was repulsed. The audacity God gave these men. "Excuse you, I'm not a virgin."

He leaned in closer to me and smiled flirtatiously, "Oh yeah? Details, please."

I swatted him away with my heavy English book. I noticed that Keating had been talking this whole time. I hate Dalton. He's making me distracted from class and that could hurt my grades. Mind you, I did start it this time but life is easier when you have someone else to blame all your misfortunes on.