Chapter 9: Unleash

"Welcome to New York everybody." Exclaimed the receptionist.

There were about 20 students. And everyone had to share a room with three other people. Since Lily, Becky, and I were the only girls here it was obvious that we had to share a room. The rest of the boys all had to figure out who would stay with who. "Poor Spaz, no one wants to share with him." Said Becky sympathetically.

After a long monotonous discussion, Keating finally put a rest to it by assigning the rooms randomly. "Valerie Chase, Rebecca Cornet, and Lily Waters. Room 111. Here take your key. Dalton, Overstreet, Meeks. Room 112. Perry, Anderson, Pitts. Room 113." He kept on going until everyone was assigned to a room. "Now remember, each room has two keys, so don't lose them. I'll be residing in room 125 on the floor above you if you need anything. Unpack your bags and meet me back in the lobby at 12PM."

I ran to room 111 and was the first to call dibs on the Queen bed. Now Becky and Lily had to share a room and sleep on twin beds. I rolled around the bed a bit and just enjoyed how soft and uncomfortable it felt. After browsing every single thing in the room, I decided to change out of my formerly perfect dress and change into something a bit more suitable for a tour. I put on a black pair of high-waisted pants that stopped mid calf. For the top I wore a white button up shirt and a red sweater over it so I won't have to carry around a coat the entire time. I pulled out the collar of the under shirt so it lay nicely over the red sweater and put on my belt as tightly as I could, leaving little room for my lungs to function properly.

I left my shoes the same because they were too cute to change. Lily, Becky, and I headed downstairs when 12PM was around the corner and waited at the lobby for everyone else to arrive. There was a tourist guide talking with Mr.Keating pointing at a huge map you get as a pamphlet when you enter the hotel. When everyone was gathered again, we all took a bus and drove to The Met. I wasn't a big fan of museums as a tourist but it was still fun to be out of Vermont for once.

"The Metropolitan Museum of Art, most famously known as The Met has been-" The guide's voice died out in my head as I laid eyes on another school that was doing a tour in the museum.

One guy stood out the most in my eyes. He had tall, dirty blonde hair that was long enough to fall across his eyes but short so that it didn't touch his shoulders. I was in love. I nudged Becky hard and pointed in his direction, "Look!"

"What? Charlie Dalton making out with that girl behind the pillar?" She said looking in a completely different direction from the one I was pointing at.

"No! Look what the great heavens of New York brought in." I said pointing at the guy again, "Wait what?! Dalton is making out with who?"

Lily noticed us whispering and put her arms on both mine and Becky's shoulder and said, "Awe, that's too bad V. Tell me, do you have $100 in cash on you? You can write me a check if you don't."

I freed myself abruptly from her hands and said indignantly, "Shut up! I haven't lost yet! There was no timeline on the bet."

"There should be. This is taking too fucking long." Lily said.

"It's happening alright. He just needs to get back on track, that's all." I said.

I thought of a brilliant idea. Jealousy. As much as jealousy was an ugly emotion, it never fails to bring out the truth in people. I played with my hair to make it fluffier, checked my make up in the hand mirror that I always carry, for emergencies just like this, and strutted towards the handsome blonde boy.

"Hi." I said. I changed my voice to sound a bit lower and sweeter than it normally was.

"Hello." He turned towards me.