Chapter Seven

Did birds fly because they couldn't handle living in one space?

Would a leopard isolate himself?

How were things supposed to be before the fall?

Why did God give desires without instant gratification?

What was Galia's favorite way to pass time?

Those questions were on his mind as he waited for the clock to strike five.

And he knew every answer but one.

One day, soon he prayed, he'd find out the last answer.

But for now, Gunnar was questioning his willingness to leave his home and be around so many people.

The Harvest Festival was tonight and as promised, he was going with the boys.

It was going to be a shell shock due to being alone for weeks, but he loved Hunter and Jace. They were in a way like his grandsons, but he settled for the title of Uncle.

Seeing them would help lift his mood.

His phone rang and he answered without checking the ID.

"Oh! You answered pretty quickly! I was just calling to tell you that the boys are so excited, and Beau and I will be with them. So when you're ready to leave, you can just go," Honeydew said in one breath, it seemed like Jace was rubbing off on her.

Sweet Honeydew. She was special. She came two days ago to change his hair back to black, which he highly appreciated.

"Hi there, sweet lady. You don't worry bout them boys, I'm gon keep them with me, you and that hick can be all lovey-dovey," He needed those boys to keep him from leaving the second he arrived.

"Ahh! Yay!" Jace screamed in the background, making Honeydew and Gunnar both laugh at his silliness.

"As you can tell, Jace is happy. I'll let you go back to being quiet. I love you and we'll all see you later! Bye!" Honeydew said and ended the call.

Gunnar sighed.

He loved how Honeydew didn't try to drag things on with him. She understood without knowing everything, that he needed to have time to himself.

But that didn't affect his love for his family. He loved them more for their thoughtful acts.

There was truly nothing like family and the love they had for each other. No judgment, no prying, just genuine love.

Genuine love. No judgment.

Something that Galia needed a great deal of.

For the past few days, she'd been on his mind. Though, if he were truly honest, he would admit that the first time he heard her voice, she was stuck on his mind.