Chapter Nine

The autumn breeze was simply lovely

Thanksgiving was tomorrow, Honeydew's parents were arriving early tomorrow, and dinner was going to be calm and filled with love.

The porch swing gently rocked Beau and Honeydew, who was lying on top of him, as they enjoyed time alone together.

"You know, I love you more than I love football," Beau said filling the silence, though Honeydew never minded.

His voice was one of her favorite sounds.

Honeydew giggled at his silliness. "I do. Did you know that I love you more than brown butter cookies?"

Beau nodded and pressed a kiss onto her cute head. He loved everything about her. "Of course you do, sugar."

Honeydew poked his cheek, she loved touching him. "You're handsome, Beau. That's why you're called Beau, because you're dandy, swell, and the cutest man ever." She rested her head on his chest and sighed at the rhythmic beat of his heart. "Tell me something I don't know about you,"

Beau placed his hand on her lower back and rubbed it soothingly.

She yawned feeling comfort to the max. God, she loved Beau. He always knew what she wanted and how she felt.

"The week before I met you, the boys and me, mostly Hunter, were preparing for the anniversary of the day Stacy took them from me. I was real paranoid, Hunter more than me, and my head was foggy, it was hard being back at that place in time where I lost my sons without a second thought." Beau paused to see if she was still awake. Her eyes were closed, she was a cutie.

Honeydew nodded to urge him to go on but kept her eyes shut. His voice could put her to sleep.

"And the day I met you, as you know, it changed everything. It was like you were a lighthouse and I was a boat lost at sea, almost horrified about what was out there. And then you shined that pretty light, and I saw that life is scary sometimes, but I should never let something from the past keep me from having a bright today, tomorrow, and forever." He was grateful for his lighthouse of a fiancee.

She was perfect for him.

Honeydew's heart melted at the sweet illustration.

She was his lighthouse. He definitely had a way with words.

But now it was her turn.

"When I saw you, I thought you were handsome, charming, a little spicy, and mostly just nice. You made the stupid salon talk something to brush off, and you called me Miss Honeydew, which is adorable by the way. I liked you," She opened her eyes and found Beau shining his thousand-watt smile.

He was a cheeseball for sure.

"But when I got to know you and see you in action, I knew that you were a special man. Admirable for raising the boys the way you did, for being gentle with them, for making yourself a safe place for Hunter to open up, and for being so wonderful to Gunnar." She was serious.