Chapter Eleven

Selene was lighter

Selene was lighter.

She felt stupid for crying, but she was lighter.

Gunnar gave her the day off, which she wanted to object, but she wasn't ready to deal with working today.

She wanted to try and see if maybe, just maybe, God could help her.

But what if he didn't show up?

"He did yesterday," She countered her thought aloud.

She picked up her pace and walked into her house.

This morning she went on a walk to clear her mind and it worked, but as she stepped into the living room, fear entered her mind.

Who do you think you are, Selene?

Don't you know that you're was bound to your past?

No matter how good your life may seem, you will never overcome your past.

"No. I-i'm not accepting this," Selene shook her head and hurried to her bedroom.

She closed the door and took her journal off the nightstand.

What will you do when he finds out who you are?

He won't dare to call you a dove. He will call you by your name a whore, a snake.

Selene tried to ignore the vicious thought and she opened her journal to a blank page.

She had to fight back.

'This isn't about him or anyone else.

I want freedom, I want to think lovely thoughts. I want to love my life and who I am.

But where do I start?'

"Where do I start?" She asked God, hoping he would give her an answer.

That he would see her.

Jeremiah 29:12

Selene jumped at the sudden name placed on her heart.

What was it?

She opened her laptop and searched for it.

"12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and places to which I have banished you, declares the LORD. I will restore you to the place from which I sent you into exile." She read the Bible verse in awe of the spot-on words.