chapter:- 12 I missed you

Sir, princess, is admitted in the hospital, andy said in a low and timid voice

Wha-- What did you say andy?, Mahi questioned, is not sure if what he heard was right or wrong. strong fear gripped his heart.

Sir, Ziva is admitted to the hospital, andy whispered slowly, waiting for Mahi's outburst.

What are you saying andy, I just called her two hours ago, she was fine. What happened then? Tell me something? Why are you quiet? JUST ANSWER, ME DAMMIT!!!, Mahi thundered angrily with tears forming in his eyes.
Why did he come here? Why? Was his cricket career so important? No, hell no, it was, obviously not important to him. How could he make the same mistake again? How could he not know? How could he not anticipate their move? How???

Mahi's mind was storming with all kinds of bad thoughts. Tears started flowing through his eyes as he was reliving the same pain, he felt 3years back. Flashes of three years started resurfacing in his mind.

NO, no no no no, this can't happen. What if they did something to her?
Why didn't I know it earlier? Why Am I so selfish dada? why? Why did I have to be here andy? Why-- was I not with her? She needs me!!--Mahi said, dazed in his agony and pain. He went weak on his feet and was about to fall when andy and dada supported him.

Sir, sir, please, get a grip over yourself, listen to me, andy said making Mahi sit on the chairs.

Mahiya, kya hua tere ko? Dekh dada hain na idhar, sab thik ho jayega.

Ziva, Ziva... Mahi trembled.

Sir, she is fine, listen to me, there is nothing to worry about, she just had a crack in her hands, it's a minor fracture. Nothing else.

Mahi looked at andy asking if whatever he said was true or not.

Yes, sir, Erika called me, she said that Ziva is fine it's a simple fracture in her hands. She will be fine in a few days.

How-- How did that happen? , Mahi asked in a child-like tone filled with lots of unsurety, making dada smile. How much he tried to act like a rough man, but when it came to his family, he would always soften up. One thing he was sure of, was that his Mahiya was still his Mahiya.

You know her, she is a jumping orangutan, so just like that she was running away from roger( sanyu's bodyguard) and skipped two steps, hence causing an accident, making andy nod at his head.
Mahi chuckled in tears.
His daughter was safe.
No one could touch her.

I need to talk to her, I still have fifteen minutes till my test starts, I'll make a call., Mahi said with tears trickling down his cheeks

Yeah sure, you can do that! Dada said smiling at his mahi

Umm, sir, I would like to talk to my daughter alone, Can you please leave me alone, I just want my family here now, Mahi said , reverting to his cold and no strings attached- tone.

Umm, okay, I will leave, You coming? , Saurav asked andy, as Mahi asked to leave

Sir, I said I just want my family here, no one else and ---Andy is my family, Mahi said , not meeting dada's eyes, as he couldn't see the hurt in his dada's eyes. He very well knew that he hurt him.
If you can't see the pain in his eyes, then stop hurting him Mahi!!

Dada felt as if someone stabbed him straight into his heart. He never felt this broken until his Mahi refused to acknowledge him as his family. That surely did hurt. He surely failed his Mahiya.

Oh- ok..I will leave, you talk to your daughter, Saurav said , leaving the room wiping the tears that dared to flow down his eyes.

---