Part 22:- I hate to see you like this.

"Whatever it maybe, Anushka. We are not going anywhere near that man. Nor me, neither you!" Virat ordered. This one attack was enough to make him feel like a living dead.

"But I will. I can't rest until I find out what's happening. Please understand, Virat, Rohit, I need to uncover the truth" Anushka pleaded, her eyes filled with tears of hope.

"And put everyone in danger? You hadn't had to go through all those things that I went through today. If you want to go along with your actions, then--then, wait" Virat scanned the room and went towards the fruit bowl, where a knife was peacefully resting, when Virat shoved it towards Anushka and said" Then kill me, and continue with your endeavors, for I won't have to witness you dying in front of me. God forbid, my daughter, too!!" Virat said, frustration piling up in his veins. Well after this horrific, true incident, he almost lost his beloved wife, and he didn't had the guts to bear such kind of traumas anymore.

"Stop it, Virat. You are behaving absurdly. Put that knife down. You may hurt yourself, now!" Anushka muttered, snatching the knife from Virat.

"If what you are saying is hundred percent true, then there is a chance that the man would know everything. Wouldn't he?" Ritika asked, pondering over the questionable situation.

"Yes, and my PI found out that he is in Ranchi. Isn't it great? Just a little search, maybe we can reach him, can't we?  Ritz, please help me!" Anushka prayed, desperately.

"Yeah--

"What the hell! Is this some kind of practical joke you guys are playing on us? Ritika? Anushka? Are you even okay anymore? You want to find something so unimportant in par with your life? Forget about your life, but think about that little one who has never ever once lived without her mother? How would she live without you, if God forbid, something happens to you? You know, when we got to know that your car crashed, we were dying inside, thinking about how would Virat cope up. You should have seen him. He was broken to an extent, where it looked like his breath would leave his body. If not for yourself, please consider about him! Please!!!" Rohit folded his hands in front Anushka, in mercy of his friend's life.

"Rohit, we are getting a little cynical, now. Let's be practical. We will be careful. And we are not even leaving the hotel for once. I have a friend of mine, who is in police. I am sure they can help us. I will just contact him" Ritika said, excited over the fact that they were going to clear the misunderstanding between the brothers. Anushka jumped in happiness as she heard about this.

What-? I can't believe this! Really? This is your plan, guys? Seriously? Just think about us once. Why are you being so stubborn?" Rohit reasoned, glaring at Ritika, angrily.

Ro, you are not getting it. If we get to know that, Mahi Bhai wasn't the one who send him to kill you, then your misconceptions about him would go away" Anushka said, wiping off her tears.

Virat, who was fuming in rage till now, stood still. It was true. What if, they get to know that they were wrong all along? What would he do? One thing was sure, he would die of guilt. An uncontrolled bout of guilt would leap away his mere soul of human!

One thing we don't care, second you are not going near that man. Stop making us worry about you guys! For God sake, he tried to kill you!" Rohit pleaded, stopping his urge to slap them for their idiocy.

"Sorry, but we can't keep this wish of yours. Please, don't force us. The milk you guys spilled will be cleaned by us, and if it is to be that way, then please let us do it!" Anushka said, determined to get her way.

"Why is reconciling us with Mahi Bhai, so important to you Anushka?" Virat gauged, in his low dark voice. Anushka could feel literal chills going down her spines. She was not scared of him. Nah! She was strong. But...maybe she was sometimes, a little scared of him. Just a bit!