Chapter 10

Godfather or Pervert

Just you and me daddy......

They say when you are having fun in life, time passes quickly then expected, as such it is true for that kakashi didn't even realized that it had already had been a full year since Naruto came into his life. Kakashi finally felt more at home in his old house, but more than that, he was astonished at how much of a difference a year could make. From bitterness, pain and unrelenting sorrow to joy, wonder, and fulfillment. At last, the future was worth living. Indeed, he could not see how anything could go wrong.

They were in the backyard finishing their training with wooden tantō's when Naruto surprised him with a particularly elegant move. Kakashi was a little surprised and more than pleased with his pup's progress. "I see your time spent with Hayate has been put to good use, little man." Naruto chest puffed out in pride at his father's praise.

"Daddy, Hayate said that he'd get me a real tantō for my birthday if you said he could. Please say yes... please, please, please, please!"

Kakashi smiled beneath his mask at his son's antics. He noted that the boy wasn't out of breath even after two hours they spent training. He ruffled the boy's hair, "We'll see Naruto. Why don't you play now while I get us some lunch." He summoned his ninken to play with the boy outside while he went inside cooking food for both of them. Suddenly he felt a very familiar chakra coming. It was one he hadn't felt in a long time. Jiraiya-sama has come to visit. He thought to himself.

He opened the door for the sanin before he even got a chance to knock. "Jiraiya-sama, what are you doing here?" the old man looked the same as the last time he had seen him. He had the same long white hair, red marks running down his face and wart on the side of his nose. His presence made Kakashi a little nervous. He was Naruto's godfather, which meant that he had more right to the boy than Kakashi. The adoption was final, but he could change it if he wanted.

Jiraiya boomed out, "I was passing through the area and thought I would stop by. Moreover, I wish to see my godson on his birthday. I haven't been properly introduced to him yet."

He barely controlled the urge to slam the door in the sanin's face. With a sinking heart, Kakashi let him in. "You have never come to see him before. Are you here to take him then?" he could not help but ask.

Jiraiya looked shocked at the very idea. "Take Naruto, are you crazy? I travel constantly and haven't the time or the patience for a little kid. Plus, isn't he going to go to the academy soon?"

The nin wanted to hug the man in relief, but no way would he ever do such a thing. Instead, he nodded to the sage and went to the back yard to bring in the little boy. "Come here pup, there is someone here I want you to meet."

"Me? Okay, I coming Daddy." He ran inside with the dogs close on his heels, until he spotted the giant sanin. He got suddenly shy and skidded to a halt. He spun around and leapt behind Kakashi. He thrust his arm between the nin's legs and grabbed hold of one to hide behind. Unfortunately, he had grown taller in the past year and it wasn't his knee that the boy was latched onto.

Kakashi gasped out with an unmanned wince, "A little lower son." He pushed the boy's arms down a little bit then tried to get him to be properly introduced to his godfather. "This is Jiraiya. He was the sensei to mine. He knew your first father very well. Come out and say hello." Naruto was having none of it.

After Jiraiya finished laughing at the teen's predicament (which made Naruto hold even tighter), he held out a small box to the boy. "I got an early birthday gift for you, Naruto. Would like to see it?"

The boy studied the sanin for a moment before nodding his head. He released Kakashi's leg (much to his relief) and edged forward. He picked up the box and sat down on the floor with it. He carefully opened it and pulled out a large bag. When he saw what was in the bag, he let out a very happy scream, launched himself in the sage's arms, and hugged him tight. "You're the best old man ever!" he said before grabbing his bag of candy and running away with it. He had to hide before his Daddy could confiscate it, as he was not supposed to eat candy.