Chapter 17

Found

We've all been lost for most of this life

Everywhere we turn more hatred surrounds us

And I know that most of us just ain't right

Following the wrong steps, being led by pride

~Avenged Sevenfold~

A mask hovered within his vision. "Weasel?" he croaked. At the nin's nod he asked the only question he wanted an answer to, "Where is my son."

From behind the mask, the muffled voice responded, "I'm afraid we have a very serious problem, Kakashi..."

The injured man sat up as quickly as his aching body would allow. "What happened, where is he, is he okay?"

Itachi took of his Anbu mask and said gently, "Naruto was kidnapped by my father." He hesitated, "He managed to escape, but before that, he went through the baptism of fire."

"He killed someone?" asked the shocked Kakashi. "What happened? Tell me everything."

"He tricked one of my clan members into releasing him and killed him in the process. He then escaped into the forest and now we cannot find him. He is lost outside the village." Said Itachi still a bit surprised of the boys capabilities.

"How long has he been missing?" Kakashi asked quickly.

"Approximately thirty-six hours. Shisui is still out there looking for him. We have arranged a place to meet. I can take you there to wait."

"I will not wait. We will go into the forest and search too."

"You can barely stand, Kakashi. Shisui will find him. If my father finds you alive, he will not hesitate to kill you. You need to listen to me."

Kakashi hesitantly nodded, knowing there was nothing he could do until they met with Shisui. At least, that's what he let Itachi think. In his weakened state, he knew he would be no match for the man, but he refused to give up. He did not want to depend on Itachi's cousin to locate his baby boy. What if he couldn't find him? Kakashi ground his teeth in frustration and cursed his vulnerability. "Why is he doing this?" he asked.

"My father has changed since the capture and death of Danzō and the failed coup d'état. I believe it has unhinged him. He has become a man bent on revenge," said Itachi regretfully. "He wants to use the power of the Kyuubi to rain destruction down upon our land. He has no honor left."

Kakashi used a henge to disguise his features then swallowed a soldier pill that Itachi provided him. It restored his chakra, but he was still a little weak from the fever he had. As they walked, the copy-nin looked up at the sky with a sinking heart. The rain beat down on his body, pounding ruthlessly and he felt the chill race through him, numbing his body once again, his clothes no help whatsoever. It was too cold for a young child to survive the night. Despair hit him hard. "The hell with waiting," he growled out.

Kakashi tried to leave the village. He was freezing cold; his wheezing breath brought forth small plumes of white smoky air. But that didn't matter. No, nothing mattered at the moment. His thoughts were centered on thing; fantastic, marvelous vengeance. He could hardly control the unbridled beast beating inside of him, demanding blood. He began to run towards the gate. He would find his boy. He was not even close when a strong body collided with his. Kakashi struggled, striking the teen in the head and chest. He pulled his body upright and was about to run again when hands grabbed his ankle and yanked him to the ground.