Chapter 13

The Academy

"You're my best friend Naruto.

What do you think friends do for each other?"

Kakashi meet with an instructor from the school to get him enrolled. After spending a few minutes with him, he knew that the man was another one of those people; those haters. First, he offered to show him the difference between a jonin and a chunin. Then he was even nice enough to show the man his signature jutsu, Chidori. In the end, he had absolutely no qualms in making a few thinly veiled threats. Naruto was admitted to the academy much to Kakashi's satisfaction.

When the first day of school finally came around, the little chibi was so excited. He was downstairs in the living room, showered, dressed, and waiting with his small backpack. When Kakashi came downstairs, he had to remind the boy that school did not start for another two hours and they had yet to go do their morning workout. "Ok son I have something special for you" Said Kakashi.

"What is it daddy? " Asked Naruto curiously.

"Well since you are gonna start the academy and you have been tailing me for this" He said while giving Naruto a small gift box.

"I think you deserve this" Said Kakashi after seeing the Naruto's eyes lit up, inside was a mask like the Kakashi wore. He had thought this through. If Naruto makes his identity with the mask on, then he can walk like a normal civilian with the mask off. He was sure Naruto will be famous among people in no time. But he will put certain rules to it either way. Plus he was really asking for it. He doesn't think he could have tolerated anymore of the chibi's continually begging and fuss.

"I am going to show you how to do this simple jutsu, so that people think that you are eating with the mask own"
.
.
.
.
.
.

After training, eating breakfast and packing a lunch for the boy, he quizzed him on school subjects until it was time to leave. Kiba was just walking out of his clan compound at the same time and joined him and Kakashi. Together with Hana and Tsume, they headed off to school. To say the least everyone was shock to see a mini Kakashi.

When they finally arrived at the academy, Naruto hug Kakashi before he ran off without a backwards glance towards Sasuke, who just arrived with his father. He started to greet the boy, but froze when he caught the look of pure hatred in the man's eyes. He had never felt more terrified in his life. His lips trembled, but he was too scared to cry. His small hands fisted tight, chin tucked down, and his face became pale and bloodless. He started to shake, as did Sasuke for some reason. In a blink of an eye, Kakashi was there in front of them. "Fugaku," he barked harshly, "What do you think you are doing? You would dare to do that around my son, around your son?"

The feeling suddenly stopped as quickly as it started causing many children in the immediate vicinity to cry, including Naruto and Sasuke. With an evil look at the Uchiha, he bent down, picked up his son, and then walked away. He urged the boy to look at him and saw his haunted eyes. It tored Kakashi's soul to see those looked in this eyes. They were years to old for one so young. He rubbed the boy's back and tried to comfort him.

"D-Daddy, I was so scared," he sobbed, "I... I... I wanted to die."

"I know son. That was not from you, it was something called Killing Intent. It is something ninja use to scare their enemies. Sometimes when a nin is angry or upset, he or she will let it out on accident. A shinobi should never do that around children." He wiped the boy's face and nodded his head at the other crying children. "Don't feel bad son, all the other kids are upset too."

"He hates me," Naruto said quietly. "I hope he isn't mean to Sasuke cause of me." He suddenly looked around and saw his pale friend standing by himself; his father was nowhere to be seen. "Daddy," he whispered, "He needs me."