♛ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 ♛

(Clara's Outfit)

I sat tapping my phone case impatiently as I waited to be called onto the plane

I sat tapping my phone case impatiently as I waited to be called onto the plane. Having to wake up at three am this morning was not ideal, but my parents insisted that this school was the best option for me.

To round up my whole situation, my parents -who by the way are multi-millionaires- have sent me off to attend a preppy rich school also known as: The Royal Academy of Lacuna.

Yes I said 'Royal'.  That alone says enough about how important the school is, it's the best in the country. Princes and Princesses attend this school as well as celebrities.

And then you have people like me.

A nobody whose parents just happen to be rich.

Oh, and did I mention they flew out a private jet from the school to come and collect me? Yeah. It's that rich.

As I sit waiting for the jet to be ready for me, I can't help the sudden bubble of excitement building up inside me. The truth was, I hated my old school. My friends, who I thought were my friends, used to constantly manipulate me and make snarky comments. I know, toxic am I right? Well little old me had no confidence to argue with them anymore.

This took a huge toll on not only my mental health, but my body confidence too. I have only recently started to slowly build my confidence back up brick by brick. And I told myself, that when I start this new school, I won't put up with any toxicity from anyone.

And so, I'm exited to have a fresh start. As I have said to myself: a new start, a new me. Cliche right? But I needed to get my life back together and start to believe in myself more, so what better chance did I have than moving schools?

However, part of the reason my parents sent me here is to 'get a grip on your grades.' Which is true...but I can dwell on that when my lessons start.

"Miss Rose, your passage is ready." I lurch out of my seat, snapping my head to locate where the voice had come from as I was brought out of my daydream. My heart rate slowed and I let out a heavy breath I didn't know I was holding as I realised the voice belonged to no other then Richard.

Richard is my personal escort to my new school. He is old, maybe in his late fifties, with dark grey hair and stone blue eyes. He always looks so serious, but I didn't mind because he didn't seem to want to converse with me unless it was necessary. I let out an  awkward shaky laugh and surprise surprise, his face didn't even so much as flinch. He looked bored.

"Okay, okay let's go." Abruptly, I stood from my chair, wanting to waste no more time in this stuffy seating area. Richard gave me a tight lipped smile -who knew!- as he nodded and stood too.

Honestly, at this point I was more excited to get onto the private jet, crash out and watch a movie. And maybe eat a few snacks too.

What am I kidding, if there's free food then I'll take it.