♛ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ♛

"Good work guys! No really, it's only been like an hour of sitting here watching you try to put the tent up."

I giggle at Xavier sitting beside me on the grass, his big sunglasses on and a Pepsi in hand. We'd arrived over an hour ago and found the perfect spot by the lake. We were sheltered just enough by the most gorgeous threes I had ever seen that open to the little sandy area before the lake. And so, we pitched our tent here. Well, we're in the process of that.

Xavier took one look at the manual and dramatically announced that he cannot 'partake in putting up said tent' because apparently 'someone needs to supervise them and make sure it all 'looks right.'

I, on the other hand, am not voluntarily sitting out but after I almost snapped one of the rods that go inside the tend sleeve, the boys practically banned me from putting up the tents anymore. At least I tried. We'd brought one of those huge tents with the multiple rooms inside so me and Savannah have one room and the boys next door. There's a open 'living space' I like to call it just outside the two rooms. Savannah and I brought loads of blankets and fairy-lights to make the tent all cozy.

"Why don't you actually help Xavier? Might get it done a lot quicker!" Grayson shouts over as he tackled with another rod, trying to connect it inside the tent. Xavier just giggles and sips his Pepsi. I stand up and attempt to walk over.

"I'll hel-"

"NO!" All three boys shouted at me, stopping me dead in my tracks. Seriously I wasn't that bad at putting the tent up...was I?

"Fine, fine. Guys I wasn't THAT bad" I throw my hands up in protest.

"Dearest Clara," Tom states. Oh no. "It is very adorable that you think that but respectfully, stay back." I gasp dramatically as I roll my eyes and walk back towards Xavier, dragging him off the floor which he whined about so he could come and help me get then rest of the things from the coach.

We walk over to the main camp where everyone else is and I spot the teachers handing out first aid kits as we stroll up to them. Until two shadows block our path.

"Excuse me. You're in my way." Ruby shoves me as she sways her hips dramatically in her steps, walking side by side with the one and only Peter. Fantastic. Peter gives me a sly smirk and I fight the urge to throw up.

"Later Rose," he winks as he walks past. Okay, defiant going to throw up now.

She giggled into his shoulder as they barged past Xavier and I.

That's it.

I grab ahold of Ruby's sleeve, stopping her in her tracks as I pull her back so she stumbles behind Xavier and I and I continue to walk forward past them.

"Actually" I snapped, "you're in my way. So move." I glare at her and her stupid false eye-spider lashes as she starts to whine to Peter as if he could solve all of her problems. Pathetic.

"So Rose" Peter smirks, his arm still somehow around Ruby lazily. "My tents over there" he jabs his thumb in who knows what direction because I couldn't give one. "If you ever get lone- HEY! What the hell!" He gasps mid sentence as I pour what was left of Xavier's Pepsi over the top of Peter's head, watching smugly with a grin as Pepsi was running down his hair and going all over his clothes.

"So Peter" this time I smirk. "I don't care." I grab a very shocked Xavier's arm and gently drag him away from the two very gobsmacked Ruby and Peter. Honestly I wish I had my phone on me right now to saver this moment. Xavier bursts into laughter as soon as we're out of earshot.

"Who are you and what have you done with Clara?" Xavier smiled at me with a proud look on his face. I shrugged.

"It's time people stopped taking advantage of me. I've realised that. I told myself that coming to this school I wouldn't let people do that to me again but I think I still am. But not anymore." Xavier wraps his arms around my shoulder, giving me a little squeeze.