♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧♛

"Tom quick get a picture"

"Xavier no-"

"Yes!! This is a precious part of her first hangover memory we must save it."

"Shhh!! Dude she's asleep." Tom whacked Xavier's head.

"okay, quickly then" he whispered.

My mind felt fuzzy and rang with an unbearable pain. My eyes snapped open at the sound of a photo being taken.

I shielded my eyes from the light, squinting at a very smug Xavier and a disapproving Tom shaking his head.

"Clara! Your awake-" Xavier threw his phone behind his back in an attempt to act casual. Not today.

"Why are you shouting?" I held my head in my hands. "And also did you just take a photo-"

Suddenly the door swung open and Grayson and Jameson walked in, tray in Graysons hand and drinks in Jamesons.

"Emergency hangover kit has arrived," Grayson proudly announced. Jameson rolled his eyes and put the drinks on the nightstand holding eye contact with me that made my stomach flip. His smile. His eyes. I think I have forgotten how to breath.

"Hangover kit...oh." I groaned and threw the blanket back over my head.

"Yupp." Xavier smugly grins at me.

"How bad was I? Actually, don't tell me-"

Xavier pulled the blanket back from my face, shoving a smoothie in my hand.

"It wasn't you that was the problem." Jamesons eyes snapped my mine, and intense anger in them, not directed at me, but at that guy from the party.

We all fell silent. Xavier yet again broke the since.

"Oh no. Guys we gotta run. Head teacher call is in five minutes. Clara let's go!!"

"NOW?!"

"YES NOW." He started dragging me out of bed.

"I'm not ready!!"

Xavier quickly glances at me.

"Yes you are. Keep Jamie's hoodie on and just change the pj shorts."

My eyes almost fell out of their sockets as I looked down to find myself in an oversized black hoodie. I was praying that my face wouldn't turn pink.

I looked to Jameson, who was leaning against the door frame, arms crossed, and a slight smirk on his face. I gave him a questioning look to which he just shrugged and one by one they all walked out.

I checked my phone. 3 minutes now. Great.

***

We ran to the assembly hall and snuck in quietly in the back and found a row of seats a few rows from the back. As usual, I took way too long to get ready and so there was only about 10 minutes left of his speech.

We were lucky though because we got to skip the boring parts.

We all sat in a long row: Xavier, Tom, Gray, Jameson and Me.

I searched the room for Savannah, and she caught my eyes and mouthed: are you okay?

I nodded and put my thumbs up. I then sent her a quick message to explain what happened and that I'll fill her in on the details later.

I started to zone out as I heard the headteacher drone on about grades and keeping up the good work.

Suddenly I flinched as I felt someone kick my chair from behind me. I turned, and the pit in my stomach immediately dropped as I saw the one and only Peter.