Prince turned out to be the monster.

Chapter 9

One week. Seven days. One hundred and sixty eight hours... since I've heard from both Caleb and Jacob.

Every time I take the twins to see Jackson, Caleb's gone with ... with Sarah. Sarah from highschool. Sarah his girlfriend of seven years. Sarah his fiancee, the future Luna of the Crimson Pack.

And Jacob. He's been ignoring me. He doesn't answer my text or calls and he's never at his house. And I feel completely lost without him. He's my anchor when I feel lost, and now he's not here.

"Mommy! Hurry we're going to be late!" Joey yelled snapping me out of my depressing thoughts.

I quickly threw my hair up in a bun and ran out to the livingroom where Joey was in his Baseball uniform looking incredibly handsome. Just like his father. I grinned down at him and grabbed his baseball cap from the kitchen counter and put it on his head.

"You look dashing." I giggled.

"Mooom." He groaned walking towards the door. "Wait! We need Zoey!" I gasped rushing to the yellow painted door.

"Zoe?" I called out slightly opening the door. Silence. I frowned and completely opened the door to find her on her bed with her legs pulled into her chest.

"Sweetie? What's wrong?" I frowned sitting next to her. "Where's your prince mommy?" She whispered staring at her feet that were laced up. I felt the blood drain from my face as I stared at my tear stained daughter. What do I tell her? That my Prince turned out to be the monster.

"I saw him mommy." She muttered. "Prince. He was with a girl. She wasn't you mommy. Shouldn't he be with you?" She cried looking up at me. My heart dropped at the thought of Caleb and Sarah together, especially in front of Zoey.

"Prince's are supposed to be with their princesses. Not with other girls! He should be here with you so you can have a happily ever after."

She was in love with love stories and fairy tales. It would break her heart if she knew love wasn't like the fairy tales made them to be.

"He isn't mommy's prince. Mommy needs a better Prince." We turned and found Joey leaning against Zoeys doorframe with a serious face for a five year old.

'He has the Alpha gene. ' my wolf whispered proudly as we stared at our pup. He was going to be a fantastic leader one day.

"But I really really liked him Jo." Zoey cried glaring at Joey. I sighed and shushed them both.

"Mommy isn't ready for her prince. I need time and anyways I have the two of you. I dont need anybody else!" I grinned kissing Zoeys head and jumped off the bed.

"Now come on or the two of you will be very late!" I yelled grabbing Zoey's sports bag and Joeys as they follwed me out the door.

The entire car ride was silent. Zoey glared at Joey. And he just stared out the window in his own little thoughts. Five year olds should not be caring if I had a boyfriend. They should care about what ice cream they were getting. Or what toys they're getting. Not my love life.

I sighed as I pulled into the town's recreation center. I jumped out of my car and walked around to open the door for my twins. I slammed the door shut and clicked the alarm and started my way to Zoeys ballet class since it was closest.

As we neared the class Zoey' s intense glare on Joey softened as she saw him fiddling around anxiously.

"Excited to see Natalia." Zoey teased poking his ribs making him jump in suprise. "Shut up Zoe." He muttured crossing his arms. "Be nice." I scolded. Natalia? As in Poppy. I was finally going to see the girl who made my little boy act like a love sick fool.