Blood Calling

Chapter Thirty Three

Ariana Belle

"Heath..."

My arms tightened against the twins. Wishing, praying that he wouldn't set his wicked eyes on them.

They stood there silent, already feeling the tension and fear.

What do I do?

Looking around the room there were only two exits. One, Heath was currently blocking with his body. His broad shoulders took up most of the space and his arms of course didn't help the situation.

And the second was behind me, leading into the woods.

What the hell am I going to do!

"My beautiful mate." He chuckled his eyes brightening as he looked my body up and down. Finally resting his gaze on my neck.

"Good you have not been marked. I would have killed that pup." He grinned opening his arms to me.

Flinching at his words I pushed the twins farther behind me.

"Heath wh-what are you doing here? Your family is worried sick about you?"

I tried to sound normal only raising my brows in question.

His arms flopped back down to his sides and he began walking in farther.

"They are not my family. They sent you away! You, Ariana are my family. Nobody will take you, because I love you." His eyes softened and I could see the truth in his words.

The way his body relaxed as well as the tense tick in his jaw as he rolled 'love' on his lips again.

Letting out a booming laugh he rubbed his jaw and smirked at me.

"Who would have known that you would make me say that word. Goddess I thought that word was for wimpy Alpha's. But when I saw you. My goddess I have never seen a creature more beautiful." He breathed out as he paused half way into the living room.

His words were sweet and his body was calm like this were any other day where he was just reliving a beautiful moment.

And if I hadn't known better, and I didn't have my mate I would have fallen to his feet in a puddle.

He had his way with words, and the way his brown eyes stared straight into your soul. It had tricked me the first time but not this time. Not after all the crap he had put the twins and me through.

"Baby why are you not talking? Are you feeling ill? Should I call in Doctor Blake?"

Shivering at his form of endearment I quickly shook my head.

"I'm just shocked you're here Heath. I mean New York is pretty far." I softly smiled my hand on the door nob. Ready to run if it came down to it, or distract him while the twins ran.

Goddess I hope they wouldn't have to enter the woods by themselves.

"I would suggest not to go through your little escapade darling. I have this place locked down, thanks to that pup." He smirked settling into my couch, setting his feet on my coffee table with a loud smack.

"Mommy..." glancing down to Joey. I bit my lip and looked behind me.

I had no choice.

Dear goddess please let Caleb be close.

'Rosie I hope you're ready...'

Hearing her confirmation I stood with my chin held high.